Delisted #41 Lachlan Rankin

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I hate about the draft is that no player has any weakness.

I watch this guys highlights, I read about, and by all accounts looks like a really smart prospect, yet 57 kids were chosen before him.

We obviously had him earmarked, and I imagine if he went before our pick we wouldn't of had a 4th pick in the draft.

I watch this guys highlights, I read about, and by all accounts looks like a really smart prospect, yet 57 kids were chosen before him.

We obviously had him earmarked, and I imagine if he went before our pick we wouldn't of had a 4th pick in the draft.

His lightly bodied and there were some questions about him one on one.

I thought that comment may apply to Roberts more then Rankin.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

it was really about his evasion skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep it’s the same old story with the draft. The experts “love this pick” after every pick, and Sheehan pre draft top 40, he compared every player to an afl player and now there are 17 Petracca, 22 Clayton Oliver’s and 34 Isaac heeneys in the league.

The best comparison I seen was when fox footy were talking about horne. Apparently he is Joel Selwood below his knees, michael Voss in the air and plays like Dangerfield. Remarkable

Yep it’s the same old story with the draft. The experts “love this pick” after every pick, and Sheehan pre draft top 40, he compared every player to an afl player and now there are 17 Petracca, 22 Clayton Oliver’s and 34 Isaac heeneys in the league.

The best comparison I seen was when fox footy were talking about horne. Apparently he is Joel Selwood below his knees, michael Voss in the air and plays like Dangerfield. Remarkable
Poor kick then....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's the nature of the beast. Fans want to know why the kid got drafted in a five-second soundbite which invariably ends up being ridiculously flattering.

You can't very well say this kid has the tank of a ten-year-old on life support and can barely kick it over the mark, even if it's true.

That's why we come to BF, to get the deep analysis of player's weaknesses from people who've watched their U18 highlights package.

I'm pretty sure every club was shocked that their recruit was still available at their pick.

No player has any weaknesses and every club gets an A in the draft write-up.

In reality, most of these guys will get delisted in a few years, including the ones this board is currently fawning over

No player has any weaknesses and every club gets an A in the draft write-up.

In reality, most of these guys will get delisted in a few years, including the ones this board is currently fawning over

sad but true.

Yep, I read stats something like 40% get delisted without a game and another 20% delisted with 10 games or less. Only a bit over 1-2% play 200+ games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back