Delisted 41. Levi Casboult

Remove this Banner Ad

41. Levi Casboult

casboult_levi_o.png

DOB: 15/3/1990

Height: 199cm

Weight: 100kg

Draft History: Pick 44 (Carlton), 2010 Rookie Draft. Pick 89 (Carlton), 2012 National Draft - Rookie Upgrade

Recruited From: Beaconsfield/Dandenong U18

Debut: Round 17, 2012 vs Western Bulldogs

Career Highlights: Video to be provided

2013 Forecast:

Re: Levi Casboult

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86902/default.aspx

Height: 198cm
Weight: 103kg
DOB: 15/03/90
Recruited from: Dandenong Stingrays
Bio: Tall forward with fantastic overhead ability. Contested marking is a clear strength as is his ability to consistently win on-on-one contests. Over age player for Stingrays in 2009 whose clean finishing skills were obvious, booting 41.14 for the season. His 3.04 sec for the 20m was very good for tall player at Victorian screening.

In his own words
What type of player are you?
Tall marking player that uses my size to advantage and a good contested mark. When in ruck I push hard forward and back to make myself an option and give a chop out.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
Justin Koschitzke. A tall marking forward that hits packs hard and also pushes into the ruck when needed.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
My marking, from playing in the ruck and being undersized I worked hard on my jump and strength to combat that, which I think is working to my advantage.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
Picking up the ball below my knees, marking down low, handballing with distance on left and right. While I have improved my kicking there is definitely still room for improvement.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Carlton. A lot of my extended family barrack for them so I didn't really have a choice.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
Darren Flannigan, whenever I have a question or issue he always helps and is very knowledgeable. My parents are always there for me giving advice not always about footy but for my good.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86902/default.aspx

http://www.senews.com.au/story/71972

Very interesting to note that Levi has only been playing the game for a couple of seasons after playing a different code for the majority of his life.

A massive lump of a lad that we'll be hoping to mould into an imposing forward in the coming seasons.

Has a lot of work to do but seems to have a very sound head on his shoulders so that's a great start.

His Facebook status update at the time he got drafted reads "haha WOW!!!!"

seems a good kid, will be good to see how big he is tomorrow at training

Re: AFL draft machine highlights

From watching his highlights, the thing that has impressed me the most is his commitment when going for a mark. I know it's expected from everyone but that doesn't mean they all do it, but big Levi doesn't take his eyes off the ball and runs in a straight line every single time.

Re: Levi Casboult (Rookie)

can't wait to see him play for the Bullants, or even hopefully for the great CFC. Sounds like an absolute beast! Quick queston though, is he meant to still be growing or is he fully developed?

can't wait to see him play for the Bullants, or even hopefully for the great CFC. Sounds like an absolute beast! Quick queston though, is he meant to still be growing or is he fully developed?
Pretty sure the club have wrapped him wire, Bonsai style, to stop him growing any taller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he has a real crack at it.......but I also hope that people cut him a little slack.

Not sure what his head is like after the accident, but being involved in a fatal accident can do funny things to your mentally, and the modest expectations we should have for him over the next couple of years should bear this in mind. :thumbsu:

Has been given the number 41. Wanted 43. Back into full training in hopefully 2 weeks.
......and didn't get it?

Surely that number has been out of service for long enough......this isn't the NBA. :cool:

Your club's next cult figure
Carlton

Levi Casboult

Casboult, 19, is better known for his involvement in two unfortunate off-field incidents over the break, but Blues fans will be hoping the powerfully built rookie can generate headlines on the field as well. The strong-marking forward booted 41.14 for the Dandenong Stingrays last year and could become a fan favourite at a club on the lookout for its next star goalkicker.
Your club's next cult figure

Casboult won't be the next cult figure and Wiggins.

Robinson will. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back