Player Watch #41: Mabior Chol - FA to GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Chol is an athlete, not a wrecking ball. He flew courageously for a mark with the flight of the ball v Swans and nearly got killed. So he has the courage to do it, it is just he doesn’t have the knowhow when it comes to crashing packs open, and he may never have it.

Richmond FC have got really good at this, working with what the player has got rather than dwelling too much on the bits that are missing. I say let’s just accept those and respect Chol for what he can do, which is plenty.

Go Chol!

Chol is an athlete, not a wrecking ball. He flew courageously for a mark with the flight of the ball v Swans and nearly got killed. So he has the courage to do it, it is just he doesn’t have the knowhow when it comes to crashing packs open, and he may never have it.

Richmond FC have got really good at this, working with what the player has got rather than dwelling too much on the bits that are missing. I say let’s just accept those and respect Chol for what he can do, which is plenty.

Go Chol!

I really see Chol as a great swing man type - 3rd tall forward, chop our ruck, link man through the middle. He's not a monster forward like Lynch. He's not a genuine ruck like Ivan (all of them) or Nank. He's got great athleticism and skills. To me his future in the AFL is based on fulfilling his potential to fill those various roles relatively well. This makes him a spare parts man. But what a spare parts guy! 200cm guy who creates mismatches everywhere. It's a hard gig in some ways. But I just can't see him doing the monster stuff Lynch or Nank do, and he doesn't have JR's smarts. But he can get involved all over the park and provide another weapon in several areas.

Go Chol!

Spot on mate, he's gonna explode at some point of the game in front of his home crowd, we ran into a bunch of his relo's and cranked his song, he's pumped and primed. :thumbsu:

Spot on his a athlete.Can play like a tall midfielder to and all around the ground just needs to stay involved and show intensity I bet the coaches and players would have got around him.

Basically played a man down with Chol in the team. He was disappointing against Adelaide, not sure what difference he was expected to make tonight. He really just needed to compete and he could barely do that.

Career over. We have better players in the wings and there is a salary/player squeeze.

He’s no good. We can’t have a player with that severe lack of physical application attempting to play AFL football. Sell now. Now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been disappointed with his last few matches. Such a contrast to earlier in the season. Really just had to compete and pure and simply didn't do that at all.

Can't play him again.

Been disappointed with his last few matches. Such a contrast to earlier in the season. Really just had to compete and pure and simply didn't do that at all.

Can't play him again.

He started this year so well..............and just seems to have lost all interest. It was the lack of intensity that annoyed me the most.

What an absolute waste... playing 21 v 22. Caddy on one leg would've done way better. I am truely so disappointed that he learnt nothing from the Adelaide game.

What an absolute waste... playing 21 v 22. Caddy on one leg would've done way better. I am truely so disappointed that he learnt nothing from the Adelaide game.
Yes it allowed Andrews to push off Chol and support Lester who mostly had Riewoldt. No doubt this would not have happened if Lynch was fit. No doubt Chol is athletic but offered very little tonight. Think you guys will still make it to the GF, but Port in Adelaide will be tough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back