Player Watch #41: Mabior Chol - FA to GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Always backed Chol to get better and is now starting to show what he might be able to do and his potential is showing, Chol is just 22 years old and was always going to be a 5-6 year project and was going to take until he is 24 years of age before he would be the finished project.

I would rather have Chol on the list than Soldo and with CCJ coming in 2 years time we are in a reasonably good position in the ruck against most teams except Collingwood (Grundy) Melbourne (Gawn) who are miles ahead of any other rucks

Always backed Chol to get better and is now starting to show what he might be able to do and his potential is showing, Chol is just 22 years old and was always going to be a 5-6 year project and was going to take until he is 24 years of age before he would be the finished project.

I would rather have Chol on the list than Soldo and with CCJ coming in 2 years time we are in a reasonably good position in the ruck against most teams except Collingwood (Grundy) Melbourne (Gawn) who are miles ahead of any other rucks
When?!? have never seen you post that he was going to come good in the ruck?!?!

This is how a tall in the forward line should look like. 9 marks and 3 goals. Really liked his game. Knows where to run, is calm under pressure and knows who to dispose the ball to.

I’m more excited seeing how he’ll go with Riewoldt than how Lynch will gel with Riewoldt.

Can we still fit choll/balta in the side when Jack is back in definitely feel they offer a lot of flexibility around the ground and especially in the ruck
Only question would be who would we lose to make it happen

Have always seen the talent in this kid , nice hands , deft left foot kick and moves well, I actually see him more as CHF than ruck . Kept on presenting and honoured the leads 9 marks , wOw , 3G , well done marbs. He played key forward in sec half and we kicked 10G to 3 , importantly it was a rare occasion we eclipsed 100p. The further the game went on the better we looked and this kid had a fair say in it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we still fit choll/balta in the side when Jack is back in definitely feel they offer a lot of flexibility around the ground and especially in the ruck
Only question would be who would we lose to make it happen
Balta I think needs to work on being a key defender in the short term, . Soldo will stay until nanka comes back . He played a pretty respectable game soldo , a few grabs and importantly didn’t allow the oppo ruck to own us

Have always seen the talent in this kid , nice hands , deft left foot kick and moves well, I actually see him more as CHF than ruck . Kept on presenting and honoured the leads 9 marks , wOw , 3G , well done marbs. He played key forward in sec half and we kicked 10G to 3 , importantly it was a rare occasion we eclipsed 100p. The further the game went on the better we looked and this kid had a fair say in it

really liked his game today! Loved it when he just took the ball out of the air from the throw in with no St.Kilda ruck and charged into an open goal. Smart in the moment thinking

Chol defensive marks...alot to like, he can read the ball, can jump, is agile...reckon he'd be our Cox Blocker.

m7O2g23.gif

We looked so much better in centre clearances when Chol was in there compared to Soldo. Not to mention his forward line prowess.
If he can maintain this type of form is the perfect 2nd ruck because he’s equally as effective up forward as in the guts.

Soldo is a slug no way should he be retained will never make it as a ruckman and can’t go forward.

We looked so much better in centre clearances when Chol was in there compared to Soldo. Not to mention his forward line prowess.
If he can maintain this type of form is the perfect 2nd ruck because he’s equally as effective up forward as in the guts.

Soldo is a slug no way should he be retained will never make it as a ruckman and can’t go forward.
Not sure I agree with that , not much of chollys ruckwork was that memorable other than the genius attack on a short throw in that resulted in the easiest of goals , soldo was pretty good in the CBD and our centre clearances were dominant

Not sure I agree with that , not much of chollys ruckwork was that memorable other than the genius attack on a short throw in that resulted in the easiest of goals , soldo was pretty good in the CBD and our centre clearances were dominant
Hmmm must have been watching different games

Chollys best work was in forward 50 he took 9 marks kicked 3G , he had 7 hit outs
Centre ball ups I was talking about. When Chol was in there he was jumping a lot higher than Soldo and following up at ground level.
Soldo easily beaten by Marshal today was a liability around the ground your heart was in your mouth every time he got possession

Remove this Banner Ad

Back