Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
I’m starting to Warm to Chol.a bit Like How I started to Warm to my Mother In Law after nearly 30 Years of being married to her Beautiful Daughter only after my Mother In Law made me some Apple Pie ..
1*aoNWJ5n86CdyX6F_Aeu2og.jpeg

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Kept an eye on the Grundie/Cox Soldo/Chol duck duel last night, and I thought around the ground our rucks did better. Soldo and Chol are completely different beast and Nank sits somewhere in between them. Chol's strength is his versatility, and his movement through traffic. Scary thought considering there's still more upside.

I love his kicking action, and if he keeps kicking goals, he might become our next "Cholman" Medalist, after Lynch has won a few.
isn't CCJ the next Coleman medallist?

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Not sure I want Mabs to have to grind it out in the ruck too much in the future. Seems to be an extremely tall classy play maker in a lot of ways.
I'm thinking the same thing...just little cameos in the Ruck but plays as a forward and being looked after like Cox is at the wobbles for soft frees cos it's in the interests of the game to have more players like Mabs playing...it's good for the future of the AFL in fostering multi culturalism...

I'm thinking the same thing...just little cameos in the Ruck but plays as a forward and being looked after like Cox is at the wobbles for soft frees cos it's in the interests of the game to have more players like Mabs playing...it's good for the future of the AFL in fostering multi culturalism...

Bugger the multiculturalism. He could be a damn good AFL player for us.

That he's black is just another thing that might attract more tiger heads. He's an excitement machine when going. Just got to work out how to play him. And he has to be genuinely serious about the AFL. If he gives it his all he'll have a good AFL career I reckon.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Bugger the multiculturalism. He could be a damn good AFL player for us.

That he's black is just another thing that might attract more tiger heads. He's an excitement machine when going. Just got to work out how to play him. And he has to be genuinely serious about the AFL. If he gives it his all he'll have a good AFL career I reckon.
could be our version of nicnat.

could be our version of nicnat.

Don't reckon. Nic Nat is a monster physically, can't see Chol ever muscling up. But Chol has skills and footy smarts that Nic Nat doesn't. Same ability to jump over a haystack. Chol is a fast fairly skillful tall guy, not a contested beast.

Still if he can attain the same game impact I would love that. Just not the injuries.

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
It's more than easy, it's a no brainer. People have short memories when it comes to Grigg.
Dimma in his post GF interview on "on the couch" pointed out how good he is as a ruck and how great his GF game was, saying how we won more clearances at stoppages when Nank was off the ground and Grigg in the Ruck compared to when he was on, and noted 6 were in the third quarter.
Chol has a massive spring, and at this stage just tries to get it to our advantage, and doing a decent job, but according to the Dimna interview, Griggs strength was his huge footy smarts and understanding of the game, and how he'd quickly organise mid possitioning and position himself to force the opposition ruck to hit it to our advantage and the majority of time it worked.

Chols a baby in footy terms and will improve outa sight with his backup ruck craft, but the 2019 Chol v pre-injury Grigg is a no brainer which one to choose.

If I was a mad scientist I'd transplant Grigg's brain into Chol's body.

Bwahahahahahahahaha..... It lives.... IT LIVES...... Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Just found out Chol’s manager is Ralph Carr 🤦‍♂️

Why does he manage so many of our players?

I think Tiger71 said as part of Dusty deal we encouraged Shai to sign on with Ralph, reckon it’s the same with Chol.

We’re smart enough to know that by looking after Ralph he’ll look after us back. He is a big influence I reckon on keeping Shai in Melbourne for his own development as well as shaping his attitude to getting better and has obviously been a good influence and helping mature Dusty.

Reckon he gets a bad rap around here these days.

Last edited:
I think Tiger71 said as part of Dusty deal we encouraged Shai to sign on with Ralph, reckon it’s the same with Chol.

We’re smart enough to know that by looking after Ralph he’ll look after us back. He is a big influence I reckon on keeping Shai in Melbourne for his own development as well as shaping his attitude to getting better and has obviously been a good influence and helping mature Dusty.

Reckon he gets a bad wrap around here these days.

Agree
Ralph just moves to his own beat even Dusty’s earlier contracts it was always late in the season when he re committed
It’s just the way he goes about it as frustrating as it is for us fans it won’t change any players choice to stay or leave either way

CholEstrol

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
From Dimmas pre Melbourne presser it sounds like we'll vary between Nank and Soldo first ruck depending on oppo ruck(s).
Whether that means Mabs goes out if/when Soldo gets the first ruck gig will be interesting.
Guessing that when Nank back up and running Mabs and Soldo will rotate thru the VFL depending on requirement.

Power Play

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
6 wins
0 draws
2 losses

Cumulative crowd (career) = 331,004
Average crowd (career) = 41,376

Cumulative crowd (MCG) = 196,604
Average crowd (MCG) = 49,151

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Very ordinary tonight. Cannot take this form into finals.

this is a problem , he has shown he is AFL worthy

but we are finals bound and expecting to go deep into the finals

can Mabs hold his own in finals ?

can Mabs hold his own in a Grand final ??

your answer might be no , but I'd add yeah maybe not this year , scope for next year is tantilising

a test of Mabs worth

does anyone want us to do a direct swap with Melb. for Pruess ?

Back