Player Watch #41: Mabior Chol - FA to GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Encouraging that he was the first one in to fly the flag for Dustin Martin in the fracas behind the goals (in the third quarter?). He looked fairly tanked in the last quarter but it was 3 on 6 up forward at one stage. Never gave up. Would love to see him on the main list.

Encouraging that he was the first one in to fly the flag for Dustin Martin in the fracas behind the goals (in the third quarter?). He looked fairly tanked in the last quarter but it was 3 on 6 up forward at one stage. Never gave up. Would love to see him on the main list.
Just imagine in a couple of years when he outsizes Majak :D

Am I the only one who sees Chol as a very high HF or even Winger? He has so much ability in the 1v1's but struggles to jump at the ball/ get to position at the contests deeper forward. It almost seems like he hangs back and allow jack to jump and even Lennon too (last night). I think he worries about 'stealing' another players contested mark. He, imo will find his spot quite high up the ground.

As to starting Round 1... little chance. Griffith will take that spot if we decide to go with the tall options. Chol has a long way to go in regards to positioning, when to contest and when to stay down. Certainly exciting and proving to be more popular than Mcbean who has spent a few years in the system.

Definately a Chol fan. But in the replay he had a number of chances to impact constests on the far side when one on ones were happening, but chose just to jog around instead of making a desperate attempt to go and help out another player in a contest. He could have got a lot more of the ball if he had chosen to rush in. He seemed a little should I or shouldn't I last night. But just stuff to work on.

Definately a Chol fan. But in the replay he had a number of chances to impact constests on the far side when one on ones were happening, but chose just to jog around instead of making a desperate attempt to go and help out another player in a contest. He could have got a lot more of the ball if he had chosen to rush in. He seemed a little should I or shouldn't I last night. But just stuff to work on.
He's clearly just playing it down in the pre season. He knows what's up.

Watching him play on the weekend against the dogs. Wow wee I'm excited there some real natural talent. So athletic and a very nice kick. Really encourage everyone to get down to punt road when the 2s are playing and watch him go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love this guy!!! I hope he gets a senior game this year as I think he is the sort of guy we need!!! I saw him at one training session and he was the last to leave the training track!!![/QUOTE
Needs a few games like this and then give him a go I reckon
Do we need someone to go on the long term injury list to elevate him ? Or is there a chance mid season to elevate one ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back