Player Watch #41: Matt McGuinness - signed end 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still believe he can make it! Big pre season in the gym awaits.

Even though he played as a forward this year I can still see a Nick Hayes intercept defender in the way he moves and kicks the footy.

Event Horizon

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Victory
I was talking to one of our VFL players a few weeks ago. He was saying Will Walker was very unlucky to be delisted due to injuries but Mcguiness was miles off it, in his opinion.

Obviously some at the club think differently

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will be his 3rd year on the cat b rookie list

make or break year next year unless they allow a 4th year on the rookie list which they introduced this year (not expecting this rule to stay past this year though) in which case he’d still have another year to try and make it

the flying ham

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Even though he played as a forward this year I can still see a Nick Hayes intercept defender in the way he moves and kicks the footy.
I love the optimism, what a bonus if we can make a senior footballer out of this bloke. Absolutely right regarding injuries and covid, imagine not being able to have a kick in the scooby doos to show your development and push for a game. Would be bloody tough

Jasemon

Club Legend
Dec 27, 2011
Brunswick
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Perhaps this is what the club sees. With our KPD structure in strife, especially with the current murmurings around Tazz's departure this might be what the club sees. Although at only 192cm he lacks the height and right now, the kilos to realistically fill that role. Either way he has another 12 months to show what he has. Agreed with anon VFL player above that injury free Will Walker would have been more upside to keep on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ligma

Dilf lover
Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is it right in comparing him to Nik Cox when he plays on the wing? I really haven’t seen Matt play

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad