Past #41: Matt McGuinness - delisted end '22 - 0 NM games/goals - thanks Matty

Remove this Banner Ad

Still believe he can make it! Big pre season in the gym awaits.

Even though he played as a forward this year I can still see a Nick Hayes intercept defender in the way he moves and kicks the footy.

I was talking to one of our VFL players a few weeks ago. He was saying Will Walker was very unlucky to be delisted due to injuries but Mcguiness was miles off it, in his opinion.

Obviously some at the club think differently

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I started driving the bandwagon when he was drafted. It’s stalled a bit but I’m still here waiting to let people on.
Beautiful kick. Good height. Smart footballer
I'm on a few of those but i'll grab a seat on that one as well.

Even though he played as a forward this year I can still see a Nick Hayes intercept defender in the way he moves and kicks the footy.
I love the optimism, what a bonus if we can make a senior footballer out of this bloke. Absolutely right regarding injuries and covid, imagine not being able to have a kick in the scooby doos to show your development and push for a game. Would be bloody tough

Perhaps this is what the club sees. With our KPD structure in strife, especially with the current murmurings around Tazz's departure this might be what the club sees. Although at only 192cm he lacks the height and right now, the kilos to realistically fill that role. Either way he has another 12 months to show what he has. Agreed with anon VFL player above that injury free Will Walker would have been more upside to keep on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like him as an intercepting defender.

Also really like him as a genuine FF.

Has natural footy smarts and IQ. Was always going to be a slow burn because of his body shape.

Hopefully by the end of pre season he’ll have added a good 5/6kg of mass
Lovely kicking style. It’s all about the physique and fitness now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back