Review #41: Nathan Foley

Where is he at?

• In our best 22. He's not done yet.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Will be used as a depth player.

Votes: 35 41.2%
  • Love him but he's cooked. Should Retire.

Votes: 28 32.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

OhhDeledio

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Really popular player, but I think the majority of the fans think that he is past his prime. I don't think we will see the same Foley of a few years ago but I think he can still be a very important player for us.

Where do you think he is at?

We could probably squeeze him in somewhere. Maybe as the sub for a bit and then ease him into it.

He's a little gun and he aint done with yet, im expecting him to be straight in when right and will be a permanent fixture and intergral part in our finals assualt. Axel, Sheds and Miles to provide a feast of Sherrin for Cotch, Lids, Ellis, and Dusty.
If he cant recapture his really good form, then fair enough, but of late, he had lost his pace, couldn't win the ball, couldn't run very well, and his disposal had got worse. Just cursed by injury. Looks cooked to me, but I am hopeful.

Really popular player, but I think the majority of the fans think that he is past his prime. I don't think we will see the same Foley of a few years ago but I think he can still be a very important player for us.

Where do you think he is at?
Retirement.

He loves the wet, I think can play an important role for us this season, but very much a fringe player. Like to see the youngster displace him at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have far more faith in him than Knights and would prefer to see him in the side when fit over him anyday.

That said hes borderline best 22 now and really we need to be getting the likes of Lennon in on the big stage

Mybe but he cant kick to save himself, so its the same problem others have labelled at Morris.

I reckon he's a significantly better kick than Morris. He's shown a bit of goal sense in the past too where Morris has none

How would he go as a defensive small forward? Surely better than Morris

Not sure he has the pace for that.

Is depth pure and simple. His biggest strength from his time as an elite mid was his breakaway pace. Without that is just a small average player.

His contact expires at the end of the year which was priced if he was an elite player so it'll be great to get that cost off our books.

I voted still in best 22. Something about Foley that I still hold onto. I love his clearance work in tight just wish he still has some of that pace left.

Back