#41: Tom Wilkinson - quits NMFC (?) to go on The Amazing Race (?!) with Paul Roos' son (?!?!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Disclaimer - not an avid reserve grade watcher so may not have the best sense of what 'AFL ready' is but was at the NEAFL grand final this year and he really impacted the game. Along with Ryan Davis (ex WC and GCS) was the clear stand-out on the day.

Both speedy and spring-heeled.
Intense around the ball, tackles hard.
Nice simple set shot.

Grand Final stats
18 possessions, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 3 goals straight.

Hoping he gets a go at AFL level. Be interested to follow his story. Best of luck to him.

Those multiple efforts wow. He's got a Jed-like appetite for the contest. I'm joining in the chorus of those saying he's the small forward we've been crying out for.

I thought something very similar at one point in that video.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was playing against c graders. NEAFL isn't the strongest league. It will be interesting to see how he goes with the steep rise in class.

He was playing against c graders. NEAFL isn't the strongest league. It will be interesting to see how he goes with the steep rise in class.

Agreed, however, he still averaged 2.5 goals a game against the AFL reserves sides.

Won the Sandy B&F in 2015

Sandringham Dragons: Tom Wilkinson

Wilkinson returned to Sandringham as a 19-year-old in 2015 after playing 20 games and kicking 28 goals in the previous two seasons. The Frankston YCWFC junior made the most of his final year in the TAC Cup, averaging 25 disposals per game and kicking nine goals over 13 matches to take out the club’s Best and Fairest Award. He finished ahead of Goy Lok – named the Most Improved Player on the night – in second and Robert Iudica and Jack Wallace in equal-third. Wilkinson was also named the Most Consistent Player, while Andrew McGrath was given the Best First-Year Player award.

I went to the NEAFL grand final at south port this year , It was the first NEAFL game I watched all year he was the only player out of both teams that stood out

Jed Anderson!

He plays like Jed Anderson!!!! :)

ALL ABOARD!

giphy.gif

I thought he was older until he was talked about in the draft , very good work rate and strong over head, quick ,good size for a 22 yr old , AFL ready
I have only seen him play once but he really looked like a medium size forward , he could be the next tim kelly lets hope

Remove this Banner Ad

Back