#41: Tom Wilkinson - quits NMFC (?) to go on The Amazing Race (?!) with Paul Roos' son (?!?!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets look at some of the players we've backed in and showed faith in either resurrecting their careers or giving them the chance at one by drafting them despite injury or as a mature age recruit.

Ben Brown, Taz, Ben Jacobs, Jarrad Waite, Shaun Higgins, Scott Thompson - all stars. I don't care what anyone say they are all great players. Maybe you could add Goldy to that list as well.

Then there's Marley, Jedly, Maj, Pauly, Sammy W. Even Froggy - it could have been easy to dump him given the situation a few years ago.

Players like Jy and Kyron - backed by the club despite injury. (Even Garns and Mason Wood have been given every opportunity despite their injuries.)

It doesn't work with everyone but we seem to have a high success rate with people we offer an opportunity to. Specifically if they've already had things go badly or missed out on earlier chances. Building a culture that commits to making the most of opportunities that might never come again?

This is one of the things I love most about our club. That we often choose talent that comes shrouded by many external factors, and that even though cast-off or overlooked by other clubs, we still see it, and we have the belief that we can make these players shine again. It's perfect symbiosis, and they're all my little hearts to hearts moments too, cheering for all our wonderful rehabilitated strays.

If Tom looks like a small forward that can apply pressure and regularly kick goals, I'm sure that the coaching panel will find a spot for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read Anderson finished up only 30 mins after a heavy tackle from the lad.......he's not holding back to get to where he wants to be.

Did anyone witness the scratch match ??
I did however I missed the start. Jed was doing run throughs when I got there but did go back on. I assume it happened early.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

He reminds of of Daniel Motlop but with pressure up in the forward line......I like him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back