#41: Tom Wilkinson - quits NMFC (?) to go on The Amazing Race (?!) with Paul Roos' son (?!?!)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
And he gave it a go at AFL level, it didn't work out, and so he's going off to do something else. What that "something else" is shouldn't really matter to any of us.

The "didn't work out" is assumption. He's been injured and not had much continuity so I tended to view his future listing as TBC rather than a write-off.

If he knows something that's not in the public domain then fine, feck off and do something else. Just a bit annoying as mentioned that Mountford or Hibberd missed out on another chance for a bloke who's giving it all up for reality TV.

The "didn't work out" is assumption. He's been injured and not had much continuity so I tended to view his future listing as TBC rather than a write-off.

If he knows something that's not in the public domain then fine, feck off and do something else. Just a bit annoying as mentioned that Mountford or Hibberd missed out on another chance for a bloke who's giving it all up for reality TV.

Its hardly that different from being an AFL footballer tho is it? I reckon there'd be a few jump at that chance.

They're different pursuits to me but if you view both as parts of the entertainment industry (and it's hard to argue) then you have a point.

I was being facetious but there's a bit of truth in there. Not just about how the AFL runs itself but just the lifestyle.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
People are just s**tty because it's reality TV. If he'd lined up a job on a building site or law school we'd be happy he was getting on with his life.

The bloke can do what he likes and I doubt anyone here is shitty with him (I'd suspect the club might be though given the brevity of the club tweet). But he's given up football to arse around on a TV show (and may be eliminated within weeks) and that is just really unusual. If he was on a building site or at law school, he'd be contributing to society and setting himself with lifelong skills and a career and we'd kind of understand that more.

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Being 181cm or 5"11, he probably saw that we play 5 forwards who are 189cm/ 6"2 or taller. The club hasn't liked having many low centre of gravity guys on the list for some time. Hopefully Rawlings changes this.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
The bloke can do what he likes and I doubt anyone here is s**tty with him (I'd suspect the club might be though given the brevity of the club tweet). But he's given up football to arse around on a TV show (and may be eliminated within weeks) and that is just really unusual. If he was on a building site or at law school, he'd be contributing to society and setting himself with lifelong skills and a career and we'd kind of understand that more.
Reality TV does contribute to society - by keeping DapperJong off BigFooty 40 hours a week.

17rgod.jpg

Hands down the weirdest thing I've seen on here after refreshing the browser in the morning.

Above is a Herald Sun photo of the moment Tom "Powell-Vanderklooster" Wilkinson announced his 2020 intentions to the team.

Your static image omits the best bit of that line.

It's not working.

Not often you get to work with the calibre of Tom Wilkinson though.

He was just brilliant in In The Bedroom.

I thought he was very good as Ewan Macaskill in Snowden too.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Not often you get to work with the calibre of Tom Wilkinson though.

He was just brilliant in In The Bedroom.

I thought he was very good as Ewan Macaskill in Snowden too.

Is he as good as Ines????

The bloke can do what he likes and I doubt anyone here is s**tty with him (I'd suspect the club might be though given the brevity of the club tweet). But he's given up football to arse around on a TV show (and may be eliminated within weeks) and that is just really unusual. If he was on a building site or at law school, he'd be contributing to society and setting himself with lifelong skills and a career and we'd kind of understand that more.

How is reality tv not contributing to society?

I don't understand.

Back