Freeeoo

Club Legend
May 7, 2006
SOR
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Gooners
So what do you think has created or influenced our guys to go backwards. I don't believe they all get progressively worse without a specific input to cause it
I'm wondering if has to do with greater fatigue levels, less stoppages and interchange. If that were the case then you would expect it to be a trend across the competition?

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
That is a gross simplification
He has had us selectively kicking the ball to the corridor with attacking intent since he came. Watch the 2012 EF and how McPhee and Duffield attacked the centre corridor from the back half whenever they could. Arguably one of the main reasons we lost the SF the next week was McPhee went from hero to zero and spudded it up

McPhee.... Wow. Why does that feel a million years ago?

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Can someone tell me who elbowed Ballentyne in the jaw by throwing his elbow back

This surely is two week suspension .....

Want to start a thread in MRP threads
Screw you Ballas. You were told to stop your aggression. You can't help yourself. Headbutt ing elbows now. Free kick hawthorn and Ballas to get 3 weeks.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Looks retaliatory.:oops:
The article sees he appreciates it. Yeah ever docker loves to be elbowed in the jaw. This is the sort of crap journalism that sets us up as soft targets that can be pushed around by the afl and the umpires. Our media guys should be on to this sort rubbish and asking questions. I wonder if crowley is still copping it after moving to essendon??

siteuser

Debutant
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't know why people are melting. 40 points is the usual margin Hawthorn beats us down there by, with our first choice team and during the period of time we were actually playing well. I was expecting a 100 point loss.

Instead, we were good for 3/4 playing kids who don't even have 50 games to their name, without our prime ball mover, our dominant ruck, our only proven power forward, our two usual generals in the back half - and are only flogged by 40. By Hawthorn. In Antarctica.

I was more pissed off that we lost to Carlton.

The kids stood up.
Have you travelled to Tassie to experience the climate and environment?

siteuser

Debutant
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why is Freo regularly expected to play Hawthorn in Launceston, but the fixture rarely has Hawthorn travelling to Perth to play Freo? Then it's Hawthorn's pick isn't it, who their 4 opponents will be for the matches at Aurora Stadium.
(If not negotiation with those visiting clubs too, prior to an agreement?) Why not have West Coast and either of the SA, NSW, or QLD clubs be scheduled in future (premiership season) fixtures to play in Launceston? Can't hawks handle flying over the Nullabor Plain? Not enough roadkill for them to eat on the highway or something?

Why is Freo regularly expected to play Hawthorn in Launceston, but the fixture rarely has Hawthorn travelling to Perth to play Freo? Then it's Hawthorn's pick isn't it, who their 4 opponents will be for the matches at Aurora Stadium.
(If not negotiation with those visiting clubs too, prior to an agreement?) Why not have West Coast and either of the SA, NSW, or QLD clubs be scheduled in future (premiership season) fixtures to play in Launceston? Can't hawks handle flying over the Nullabor Plain? Not enough roadkill for them to eat on the highway or something?
Not sure why it seems to always be Fremantle (though we did play in Perth as well in 2014). We choose to play 4 games in Tasmania, 2 are meant to be Victorian opposition (although afl have then defined Brisbane and Sydney as Victorian lol) but it's the afl who pick the specific teams.
For what it's worth I don't understand why the afl don't alternate home and away - so if you only play once in 2 consecutive years it should be 1 home 1 away.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Not sure why it seems to always be Fremantle (though we did play in Perth as well in 2014). We choose to play 4 games in Tasmania, 2 are meant to be Victorian opposition (although afl have then defined Brisbane and Sydney as Victorian lol) but it's the afl who pick the specific teams.
For what it's worth I don't understand why the afl don't alternate home and away - so if you only play once in 2 consecutive years it should be 1 home 1 away.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Heev Doh!

Draftee
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Tassie thing is a kick in the guts really!!! how many teams are closer in terms of kms??? all of em, as for skills and decline of, well im going for confidence across the paddock has been rocked, Duffield and Mcfarlane great switchers of play that in turn bought time for next inline for the pill, ball not so easy out of defence, less time more pressure skills suffer, reactive instead of instintive footy follows??

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Sutcliffe has never been a defender, and his best attribute has always been his kicking. It's not a skill thing.

Straight swap for Sheridan wouldn't fix anything, because Sheridan isn't a defender either. They're both natural mids.

It's difficult really to rob Peter each week to pay Paul. Actually, Paul was pretty good. Maybe we're robbing Peter to pay Sharon. Anyway, Tucker's a natural defender, so should be getting games. The problem is that from round 8 last year when we were flying, we're missing McFarlin, Johnson, Duffield and Dawson from that back 6. Pearce and Spurr were the only actual defenders who played back there on Sat, and you could tell.

Whatname

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Surprise Surprise, Duryea gets a fine.

If I was playing against us I would just take Ballas out at the first bounce cos you know your never going to get suspended.

You watch everyone tonight on the Vic centric footy shows call the fine a fair decision, someone will probably even bring up how Ballas deserves it.

There are seriously two sets of rules for Ballas, I just wish the club would come out and bring this to attention.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Can you imagine if it was Ballas who threw the elbow? No seriously, just try. The AFL would have personally flown in the execution squad and the ADF would be called on to quell mass rioting and looting. Ballas is a designated 'villain' though who gives as good as he gets (allegedly) so nothing to see here.

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL
I think the fine is fair for diorea (spelling), I don't think he meant to crack Ballas in the jaw.

But yea you would think it would be a whole lot different if the shoe was on the other foot because of how Ballas is perceived.
Which is bullshit but that's how they roll.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
Who do Hawks get 1mill a year for 4 games there? Because they asked. Surely we should be getting $250,000.
The Tassie government gives the Hawks the money. In exchange the Hawks must play home games there. Hawks Vic members have 4 less games per year than most clubs, but they get a cashed up club and premierships in return. It was a brilliant move by Kennett make the deal. Long term sponsorship, grow the fan base etc. Then there's people here that think Freo will go down hill for moving to Cockburn.

Frank J Moose

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2012
Brownes Stadium
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Buffalo
The Tassie government gives the Hawks the money. In exchange the Hawks must play home games there. Hawks Vic members have 4 less games per year than most clubs, but they get a cashed up club and premierships in return. It was a brilliant move by Kennett make the deal. Long term sponsorship, grow the fan base etc. Then there's people here that think Freo will go down hill for moving to Cockburn.
The Melbourne Hawthorn members get admission but not reserved seating to replacement games in Melbourne. It's why they always play at least 11 in Melbourne.

Back