Traded #42: Adam Saad - Traded to Carlton for pick 8 (with some junk picks)

Remove this Banner Ad

His info was that we made contact in the last 48 hours.

I don't think that's all that unusual, and if anything it could take the PSD thing off the table.

EFC: "So Adam, Carlton aren't really offering up a pick that would get a deal done that we're happy to sign off on."
Saad: "Ok, so I'll just go to the PSD then? I don't care."
EFC: "Well yes, that is an option, though we're pretty confident Hawthorne would take you, they need experience and have plenty of cap space."
Saad: "Gross. I'd look terrible in brown."
EFC: "That's what we thought. So hear us out. How about, instead of going to the PSD if a trade doesn't get done, you stay and play with Dunkley and Caldwell?"
Saad: "Look, I guess if the option is staying at Essendon or ending up at Hawthorne I'd rather stay."
EFC: "Great, good to hear it. We'll keep working with Carlton to get a trade done, we think it'll happen but just wanted to make sure you knew where things were at."
Saad: "Appreciate it, nothing could be worse than ending up at Hawthorne."

EFC: "So Adam, Carlton aren't really offering up a pick that would get a deal done that we're happy to sign off on."
Saad: "Ok, so I'll just go to the PSD then? I don't care."
EFC: "Well yes, that is an option, though we're pretty confident Hawthorne would take you, they need experience and have plenty of cap space."
Saad: "Gross. I'd look terrible in brown."
EFC: "That's what we thought. So hear us out. How about, instead of going to the PSD if a trade doesn't get done, you stay and play with Dunkley and Caldwell?"
Saad: "Look, I guess if the option is staying at Essendon or ending up at Hawthorne I'd rather stay."
EFC: "Great, good to hear it. We'll keep working with Carlton to get a trade done, we think it'll happen but just wanted to make sure you knew where things were at."
Saad: "Appreciate it, nothing could be worse than ending up at Hawthorne."
I want to both laugh react and heart eyes react so here's the hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes:

I get that a 3rd coming back has a bit of value but is it worth it? The Carlton list manager could walk into the room on day 1 put 8 on the table and walk out. He wouldn't have to speak with Dodoro at all for the rest of the trade period. There'd be no negotiations. That would mess with Dodos head.

Any Carlton supporter bitching about the trade hasn't watched Saad enough and only see him as the road runner. We'll miss his defensive ability as much as his offence.

As far as trades go, Carlton wanted him, they payed slight overs for him, it turns out to be a fair deal. Hopefully something similar happens to us with Dunkley where we will no doubt pay overs if we land him, but not exceedingly so.

Any Carlton supporter bitching about the trade hasn't watched Saad enough and only see him as the road runner. We'll miss his defensive ability as much as his offence.

As far as trades go, Carlton wanted him, they payed slight overs for him, it turns out to be a fair deal. Hopefully something similar happens to us with Dunkley where we will no doubt pay overs if we land him, but not exceedingly so.
No that the deal is done, hoping it’s ok to comment? If not apologies in advance.

A little deflated over what we paid but reading the above makes it easier.
See you guys at the table next year

No that the deal is done, hoping it’s ok to comment? If not apologies in advance.

Deal is done. Hurts more to lose Saad than Daniher imo.
Dont worry, you guys got a good deal. He is a tremendous player and you're going to love watching him

Last edited:

Don't be. You got him for unders.

Yeah but you have like 6 deals you want to get done, we had the upperhand and still paid overs.

That is a win for Doro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, he is a massive loss. He is rarely beaten one on one and is electric when he takes the game on off the flank. Many on here have been surprised that he did not make the AA squad, myself included.

Thanks for Saad gents. I expected a few more fireworks with this deal. Bit of a let down, winners all round. Maybe Fox Footy are saving the Jeremy Cameron deal for prime time.

Quick question- does he have a right foot? We've already got Williamson who is such a one sided leftie. I think players need to be dual sided coming out of defense. Docherty isn't much on his left either.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah but you have like 6 deals you want to get done, we had the upperhand and still paid overs.

That is a win for Doro

Pretty obvious you either haven’t watched him play enough of just wanted to steal a bloke that’s a star for way unders.

lower your expectations and you’ll be far happier. The blues board narrative of having a first or early second come back was a crazy win/lose mindset. It doesn’t need to be that way. This deal you got a player you wanted for a fair price. There’s not many dons supporters that would prefer the picks over keeping him. That should say something

enjoy the best half backline in the league

That is a win for Doro

I don't think you paid overs. Probably was my favourite player, you guys are going to love him for sure.

To Carlton supporters. There is no risk with Saad. He doesn’t miss games, he’s quick and a beautiful kick. He does what few can, and transition from defence into attack with ease. All this while still locking down a small defender. Carlton will end up winners from this deal.

You get what you pay for.

Listening to his manager on SEN. There was no bad blood between Saad and Essendon, he just had to get out of the club. :laughing:

Anyway, with Williams and Saad on board it's Carlton's best chance to make the eight in ages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back