Traded #42: Adam Saad - Traded to Carlton for pick 8 (with some junk picks)

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean... it just doesn't work that way. I appreciate why he's left but he's gone to our bitter rival, if he actually gave a s**t about thanking it us he'd still be here. 🤷‍♂️

I mean... it just doesn't work that way. I appreciate why he's left but he's gone to our bitter rival, if he actually gave a sh*t about thanking it us he'd still be here. 🤷‍♂️
I don't mind that much. He's fun to watch but we bought low and sold high on this one, if he doesn't want to be here I'm okay with that.

Still a bloody mercenary and * Carlton tho

I don't mind that much. He's fun to watch but we bought low and sold high on this one, if he doesn't want to be here I'm okay with that.

Still a bloody mercenary and fu** Carlton tho
I'd have done what he did. Have zero issues with players chasing money.

But you don't get to accept the $$ from a rival and get to pretend you give a * about the fans.

Still a bloody mercenary and fu** Carlton tho

Agree and looking forward to Draper squashing him like a water melon :cool:

Bit tough to see him go, but it's understandable.
He's at the top of his game and AFL players are only as good as their last season.
If he was continuously injured and taking up space we wouldn't be sad he's going.
Switching clubs is just a reality of the modern game.

Really? Simpson gone and yes has been replaced. Murphy still relied on a bit and Betts on his last legs, Curnow is looking as fragile as Joe. I don’t think they’re that far ahead of us if at all. Had a great injury run this year apart from Curnow
I think we’ll finish above Carlton next year. Whether that’s something we want to rest our hats on or not is a different subject.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thoroughly enjoyed watching him pick a fight with Natanui then immediately regretting it, but still going with it.
I dont reckon he regretted it for a second...the big fella loves it.

Now Merrett after the hair pull, just as Nic Nat got his hands on him and he realised he was totally helpless.....would have been a lot of regret in that moment :)

O

So that means I am saying they will win finals does it ?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
They are on an upward spiral and if you bother to read the next line you would have read that I was no predicting anything more.
Personally I can see Carlton winning a final in 2021. Teague looks like an impressive coach and they are building something I reckon.

I think Saad is a very big loss especially when we factor in McKenna going - and he will be happy to remind us of how good he is when we play them next.

Personally I can see Carlton winning a final in 2021. Teague looks like an impressive coach and they are building something I reckon.

I think Saad is a very big loss especially when we factor in McKenna going - and he will be happy to remind us of how good he is when we play them next.
Saad and McKenna out hurts if we decide to keep playing the same rebound, run and gun game that we have in the past.
The loss could lead to a change in style. That said, i will miss both cutting through the middle of the ground.

On Carlton, i can't see them making the 8.
From this years top 8 i only see Collingwood vulnerable. And only if the offseason truly disrupts them. they looked flag favourites at times this year.
Freo are better with a better coach.
Dees should be but who knows with them.
GWS have a better list, but much like the Dees are an unknown quantity.

I don't see the blues jumping ahead of 4 other clubs.

players want to be involved in finals, and EFC hasn't really done enough to get to that point over a long time, you can understand why players look for opportunities now, especially when other sports are doing it more and more.

this year was a prime example, it doesn't mean those players didn't enjoy their time and the colours and history, but it's going to come down to things like what the club sold as a direction over 4-5 years, and it not getting anywhere near that vision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back