Traded #42: Adam Saad - Traded to Carlton for pick 8 (with some junk picks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing like your team-mate handballing you the ball so you can pass it to the dude that just ran you down as well!!

Saad is probably the one we can expect to be the most consistent out of the three S'.

Our ball movement off HB will be beautiful to watch with Saad and McKenna.

Tonight was definitely the most attention I've paid to him, and even though it's not real footy I was still quite impressed by his change of pace and his ability to buy time, change tack and hit a bail out option when he ran himself into trouble, it's an important skill when you do as much headless chook running as he does.

I'm going to go against the grain and say he's not as entrenched as everyone else thinks he is, but he will get there sooner rather than later. Fantastic get by us, cheap, young and I believe he's still got upside.

Tonight was definitely the most attention I've paid to him, and even though it's not real footy I was still quite impressed by his change of pace and his ability to buy time, change tack and hit a bail out option when he ran himself into trouble, it's an important skill when you do as much headless chook running as he does.

I'm going to go against the grain and say he's not as entrenched as everyone else thinks he is, but he will get there sooner rather than later. Fantastic get by us, cheap, young and I believe he's still got upside.
im less concerned with a successful 2018 than most.
We have a bit more transitioning to do, and the syncing of McKenna and Saad as running defenders is part of that.

Anticipating a few times clubs will work on these two to stop their run. Hurley, Gleeson and co will need to be on their game to look for backwards passes and long kicks over the press.

But we're a WIP at the moment.

That said, it was easy to tell both he and McKenna were used to wider spaces to play in. Got hemmed in on the small pitch quite a few times.

Saad seems really happy in every interview. I feel like he's just slotted in seamlessly as if he's always been at the Bombers and he hasn't even played a game yet. With him there's no ambiguity as to his role or playing style. He'll just do his thing in the backline.

I think anyone suggesting he won't be a regular in the 22 are a bit crazy. We traded for him for a reason. There's a clear spot for him with McGrath moving to the midfield plus Kelly retiring and Baguley getting close. I cannot see any dilemma about his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arguably the most impressive bit was the extent to which he showed no interest in giving the ball to either of his two teammates in better positions (he even had to work around the defender he expertly drew!)

*I'm sort of taking the piss here, but clearly he's pretty confident in his kicking skills, and obviously given the kick that followed his decision, he has reason for such confidence. It's a sensational goal.

Arguably the most impressive bit was the extent to which he showed no interest in giving the ball to either of his two teammates in better positions (he even had to work around the defender he expertly drew!)

*I'm sort of taking the piss here, but clearly he's pretty confident in his kicking skills, and obviously given the kick that followed his decision, he has reason for such confidence. It's a sensational goal.
You may be taking the piss, you also make a good point. Having said that it's his first hit out for the club and if he wants a spot in the 22 come round one, he is probably being told to go out there and earn it.

Was good because he was playing close to Betts in the first half but got confidence to run off him a bit more in the second half and started to make some of his own play!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back