Traded #42: Adam Saad - Traded to Carlton for pick 8 (with some junk picks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Beauty is teams can shut down Saad but it leaves McKenna to run riot.

With the emergence of Redman to play as a distributor as well, we have 3 guys who can break the game open. Shut one down and two are still free to run riot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a huge problem for the opposition, for instance, he beat Betts last night, (again)that's his job, beat your opponent but then he goes off on one of his magnificent adventures, who can stop this man, how do you plan for it ?
I loved him at The Suns, he and Harbrow made them worth watching for the unpredictable way they played.
And we got him !!! Quite easily in the end, of course " carlton were monitoring the situation " which still makes me laugh. Almost as much as courting Dylan with the Noosa trip. I said at the start of this thread that he was built for Marvel, that he was my favourite non-bomber and now I still pinch myself that we got him. That easily.
AA for sure.
"goes off on one of his marvelous adventures"
Perfectly worded.

That punk band that made the Tippa song should do one called "marvelous Saady goes adventuring"

If by that you mean they’re both brilliant exponents of the glorious creativity and freedom of our indigenous game then... I’m with you.
i was referring to his inability to hit the scoreboard in our losses, but sure- what you wrote was good stuff too.

reminds me of Walla a bit

Pretty harsh I reckon. Walla's most dominant games were against Brisbane 7 goals and North Melbourne 4 goals and plenty of touches around the ground. They are actually good teams (well Brisbane is and North are OK but both are miles ahead of Gold Coast). Yes he's better in wins, partly because he gets better supply and partly because he helps create those wins when he plays well.

Saad has been pretty much shutting everyone down all year. Betts was just the latest victim. I'd say Betts is semi cooked. Kind of like Lecras in his last couple of years where he still could produce reasonable performances when the team around him was really firing but he wasn't half the player he used to be.

So has Saad got a slight hamstring niggle or not? In the broadcast they said he went downstairs in I think the 2nd quarter to get it assessed. He came back on and ran out the game so I am assuming he's fine.

Is there anything to worry about there?

So has Saad got a slight hamstring niggle or not? In the broadcast they said he went downstairs in I think the 2nd quarter to get it assessed. He came back on and ran out the game so I am assuming he's fine.

Is there anything to worry about there?

AFL Tonight said last night that he had a scan yesterday, didn’t say anything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back