Kicking it through the goals
But it's just the price we pay

I have nothing after that though. And even that is pretty average

In the back, turning into playing on
Next they're streaming down the field
Kicking it through the goals
But it's just the price we pay

I have nothing after that though. And even that is pretty average

Destiny is calling upon Alec Waterman now.
'cos he's our new guy.

Yeah that's yuck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why's that scary?
Indictment on the others ie scary that our forward line is so weak (inexperienced) that a guy that got a last minute lifeline could be our best forward. The forward line is going to need to function well as a group to have impact. You can't see any of them ripping a game open by themselves with the possible exception of Stringer so are going to need to do well to as a team to manage match ups, who moves closer to goal based on their defender, what space to leave and for who etc.

If he flattens Saad, buries Fantasia and gives a good shirt front to Daniher, job done.

Indictment on the others ie scary that our forward line is so weak (inexperienced) that a guy that got a last minute lifeline could be our best forward. The forward line is going to need to function well as a group to have impact. You can't see any of them ripping a game open by themselves with the possible exception of Stringer so are going to need to do well to as a team to manage match ups, who moves closer to goal based on their defender, what space to leave and for who etc.
The good thing is everyone playing forward look capable and require attention from the opposition. We could actually end up with an even spread of 6 guys kicking 30+ goals for the year. Wright, Hooker, Stringer and Tippa all proven 30+. Jones and Waterman looking capable. I think we can get 50 out of a Parish/Smith/Caldwell/Langford combination as well. Laverde would've been nice forward this year with actual talls around him.

The good thing is everyone playing forward look capable and require attention from the opposition. We could actually end up with an even spread of 6 guys kicking 30+ goals for the year. Wright, Hooker, Stringer and Tippa all proven 30+. Jones and Waterman looking capable. I think we can get 50 out of a Parish/Smith/Caldwell/Langford combination as well. Laverde would've been nice forward this year with actual talls around him.
6 guys aren't going to kick 30+ goals this season. I assume that has never happened before for any team including us in 2000 (I havent looked it up). But, we could very well have quite an even split across the year as there probably won't be an obvious focal point and smalls like Tippa and hopefully Waterman are capable of kicking say 1 goal a week.

6 guys aren't going to kick 30+ goals this season. I assume that has never happened before for any team including us in 2000 (I havent looked it up). But, we could very well have quite an even split across the year as there probably won't be an obvious focal point and smalls like Tippa and hopefully Waterman are capable of kicking say 1 goal a week.
We had Matty Llyod in 2000

Hawthorn in 2012 has been the highest scoring team of the last 10+ years. They only had 5 make 30+ and teams are scoring less points per game today than they were in 2012.

e973c9c0c9.png

Hawthorn in 2012 has been the highest scoring team of the last 10+ years. They only had 5 make 30+ and teams are scoring less points per game today than they were in 2012.

e973c9c0c9.png
Thats crazy. Thats 260 goals so between the 6 of them they averaged 43 goals for the year each. I dont think we'll get 1 player kicking over 40 for the year. Im not saying its likely to happen for us that we get 6 kicking 30+ either. But 4 of our forwards have done it and 2 look capable. Its possible to get 180 goals out of those 6 players, and it wouldnt add up to us kicking a winning score every week.

Thats crazy. Thats 260 goals so between the 6 of them they averaged 43 goals for the year each. I dont think we'll get 1 player kicking over 40 for the year. Im not saying its likely to happen for us that we get 6 kicking 30+ either. But 4 of our forwards have done it and 2 look capable. Its possible to get 180 goals out of those 6 players, and it wouldnt add up to us kicking a winning score every week.

For comparison, this is all the tuggers players who kicked 10 or more in 2019. Scoring has dropped substantially, if we got 180 out of our best 6 goal scorers, we'll be playing finals.

e956e88bd7.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back