Player Watch #42: Daniel 'Disco' Turner – kicks three in his first game as a forward

Remove this Banner Ad

How was Turner's form on his return to the VFL after his injury? I thought he looked very very comfortable at AFL level and played his 1st game like it was his 50th.
Was he THAT good? I think he looks like a decent prospect, but his debut was ok. When I've seen him at VFL level he's looked competent without standing out. Problem for him is that he's not getting a consistent game for at least the next couple of years unless an injury to May, Lever or Petty occurs. And then he's probably behind Tommo and possibly even Smith. Can we turn him into a forward? We need one of those!

Was he THAT good? I think he looks like a decent prospect, but his debut was ok. When I've seen him at VFL level he's looked competent without standing out. Problem for him is that he's not getting a consistent game for at least the next couple of years unless an injury to May, Lever or Petty occurs. And then he's probably behind Tommo and possibly even Smith. Can we turn him into a forward? We need one of those!
Reckon he'd be ahead of Smith easily and probably Tommo too, although isn't as tall so more a 'tweener kinda defender in my mind. Not someone who'll play on the huge KPFs but capable as an interceptor 3rd man in player. If Hibbo retires maybe takes his spot, though that probably makes us too tall down back.

I honestly didn’t notice him at all on QB. I guess I was sitting on the top deck so maybe I was a bit out of it but I’m surprised by all the raving

I honestly didn’t notice him at all on QB. I guess I was sitting on the top deck so maybe I was a bit out of it but I’m surprised by all the raving

He was solid, comfortable with the pace of the game at AFL level and confident enough to attack the ball when he had the opportunity.

That's enough to tell me we've found one that should develop quite nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back