Player Watch #42 - Daniel Turner - Midseason Draft Selection

Remove this Banner Ad

You know when you get a vibe about someone, just by the way they speak and carry themsleves? I get that with Turner, dunno, but he seems a good country lad regardless, reckon hes got a chance to make it. He is very Jake Leverish too, almost spooky. The way he kicks , marks body shape, etc.

You know when you get a vibe about someone, just by the way they speak and carry themsleves? I get that with Turner, dunno, but he seems a good country lad regardless, reckon hes got a chance to make it. He is very Jake Leverish too, almost spooky. The way he kicks , marks body shape, etc.

I sorta see what you mean. Very country, but seems pretty switched on and speaks well for someone his age/experience.

I sorta see what you mean. Very country, but seems pretty switched on and speaks well for someone his age/experience.

Speaks very well for most guys his age.

How is this bloke tracking for you guys?
Been injured and is a long way back (injury, fitness and playing order) but Disco should be able to settle in good footy at Casey 2nd half of the year. Casey will start playing tougher games coming up. He could be a good cog in the backline as Casey will finish top 4.

Been injured and is a long way back (injury and playing order) but Disco should be able to work in good footy at Casey 2nd half of the year.
Keen to see how he goes. With your KPD strength Melbourne is a great place to learn the craft but not a great place for a mid season draft pick to get a game, but a few clubs (including mine) would likely be on the hunt for these kind of guys at the end of the year. Hopefully the kid can get a run at it and give himself the best shot.

Keen to see how he goes. With your KPD strength Melbourne is a great place to learn the craft but not a great place for a mid season draft pick to get a game, but a few clubs (including mine) would likely be on the hunt for these kind of guys at the end of the year. Hopefully the kid can get a run at it and give himself the best shot.
I'd imagine you could get Tomlinson off us for almost nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, nice work by the recruiters. Looked good early against the pies. Played on mason cox and Mihocek. Only made 1 error for the game, other than that he cracked in. He is a nice size where I can see him playing on some talls and some smalls.

he's also listed as 194cm on the official melbourne fc page.

I really rate him. His debut was pretty impressive. Done very well considering hes only been here since mid last year.
Plus I thought he was pretty funny on Gus and Gawny

Plus I thought he was pretty funny on Gus and Gawny

I haven't seen it, but he has a confident/cocky country attitude.

Doesnt seem overwhelmed like other guys his age.

I like the cut of his jib.

Last edited:
Love Disco.

Was surprised we let Marty Hore go last year, but this guy has scope to be a much more complete player.

His debut was unreal until he broke his face. Seems to have no fear as he was going for his marks on debut at a full MCG for Queens bday and won plenty of contests in the first Q.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back