Past #42: Declan Mountford - delisted by NMFC on 04 October 2018 - thanks and good luck Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

But what about mum, dad, us bending over to reunite the family, jumping at shadows etc ??
Sounds as though the club has taken a page out of my heartless bastard book.
His parents have no clue about the talk either. The claims are "rubbish".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we still get Halfa Ballache to come from Freo?
Reminded me of a bloke I used to work with. We were talking property and he said he wouldn't mind a couple of acres ....... I always start to chuckle :-D

3 year deal incoming. Over the moon. **** you WA

shutterstock_236029696-500x331.jpg

Did I miss something? When did this go down?

P.s. Stoked to have Dec stay, he's a bloke I've got a lot of time to watch

So happy to hear that, Dec will be extremely important moving forward, Braddles give him some midfield time please, no tagging, let him run
He's spent time in the back half due to the injuries of McMillan , Williams , EVW and Wright . I'm loathed to see him there regardless of our injuries but that's what the coaches see fit .

So let me get this all straight.

• Elite athletic attributes, tested top 10 in 5 6 combine events.
  • Hard worker, has a working mindset (grew up on farm, was probably working since pretty young)
  • Smart user - brave in the contest and takes the game on where he needs to. great feel for the game.
  • Extremely coachable according to staff,
  • Defensive mindset and high pressure tackling / ball chaser (can pull down some big tackle numbers)

Made Werribee bests over 50% (12 times from 23 games)

And this guy goes 60th in the 2015 draft...

Lets be honest, his afl form should not be surprising, the fact that he looks like a gun on the field should not be surprising.

I'm trying to understand why the draft process gets this so wrong. I should not complain, but surely there are still deep issues with player evaluation. Not just ours though, how the hell Fremantle and West Coast said no to this fantastic young kid is beyond me. He was right under their noses, and you would imagine has more time to evaluate him, yet they didn't like him. Those WA clubs have rocks in their heads.

Surely his size wouldnt mark him down either, 181cm (although looks to be proper 6ft, so not sure if that needs updating), his wingspan looks very very good (though I don't have any numbers) so I can't see coaches having issues.

What the hell made this kid so unattractive to all the other clubs?

Last edited:
So let me get this all straight.

• Elite athletic attributes, tested top 10 in 5 combine events.
  • Hard worker, has a working mindset (grew up on farm, was probably working since pretty young)
  • Smart user - brave in the contest and takes the game on where he needs to. great feel for the game.
  • Extremely coachable according to staff,
  • Defensive mindset and high pressure tackling / ball chaser (can pull down some big tackle numbers)

Made Werribee bests over 50% (12 times from 23 games)

And this guy goes 60th in the 2015 draft...

Lets be honest, his afl form should not be surprising, the fact that he looks like a gun on the field should not be surprising.

I'm trying to understand why the draft process gets this so wrong. I should not complain, but surely there are still deep issues with player evaluation. Not just ours though, how the hell Fremantle and West Coast said no to this fantastic young kid is beyond me. He was right under their noses, and you would imagine has more time to evaluate him, yet they didn't like him. Those WA clubs have rocks in their heads.

Surely his size wouldnt mark him down either, 181cm (although looks to be proper 6ft, so not sure if that needs updating), his wingspan looks very very good (though I don't have any numbers) so I can't see coaches having issues.

What the hell made this kid so unattractive to all the other clubs?
Let's not start chest beating about our draft steal just yet. I really like the kid, but we have a tendency to severely overrate players too early, and they end up disappointing (see: Aaron Black).

Let's not start chest beating about our draft steal just yet. I really like the kid, but we have a tendency to severely overrate players too early, and they end up disappointing (see: Aaron Black).
Well for me, his game and attributes have me more than convinced.

Massive steal. I rate him super high. Beautiful to watch.

I'm doubling down, future Syd Barker winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back