Past #42: Declan Mountford - delisted by NMFC on 04 October 2018 - thanks and good luck Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

Been tearing the twos up.
Any danger of him getting played again soon? I don't understand he had one game at the start, was dropped and hasn't returned.

Your team has a lot of good kids developing outside the 22, need to bring more in.

Simpkins gonna be a start too.
It's just a question of where he fits. Probably the only spot in flux at the minute is defensive half forward which is the spot in which Swallow was playing that Atley has moved into. The coach sees both these guys ahead of him for that spot and Swallow ahead of him for midfied. Then there is Jacobs coming back and Jed Anderson also in the twos looking to get games in both spots. Up forward he would have to shift our Hrovat, Turner and Garner and I don't see these guys getting dropped.

Dec is a good shot for a solid AFL player so yeah, would be good to get him a gig in the short term. At the minute he is a very good VFL player.

I've said this before, but I think Freo had the pick after us on draft night and they looked mighty disappointed when we called his name out... I think they then picked someone who has been delisted after a court case? Would love to see the footage again if anyone has the tape around.

If he sees Kelly and maybe Dusty coming, there needs to be more than just Gibbo's spot freed up. Ahern and Jacobs likely in next year's mix too.

Agreed, I'd love to see him get a solid month of senior footy this year.
To be honest I think I see him having more upside than Clarke, as big of a call that may be. I think he can become a complete player....and has wheels.

It's just a question of where he fits. Probably the only spot in flux at the minute is defensive half forward which is the spot in which Swallow was playing that Atley has moved into. The coach sees both these guys ahead of him for that spot and Swallow ahead of him for midfied. Then there is Jacobs coming back and Jed Anderson also in the twos looking to get games in both spots. Up forward he would have to shift our Hrovat, Turner and Garner and I don't see these guys getting dropped.

Dec is a good shot for a solid AFL player so yeah, would be good to get him a gig in the short term. At the minute he is a very good VFL player.
Will Swallow be chopped at end of year? IMO he is in the same boat as Priddis, who I reckon will/should be chopped at end of year, or has he a contract that goes beyond this year?
If he sees Kelly and maybe Dusty coming, there needs to be more than just Gibbo's spot freed up. Ahern and Jacobs likely in next year's mix too.

Agreed, I'd love to see him get a solid month of senior footy this year.
Great points I didn't even consider. He'll be pissed if they come because Dusty is half fwd Mids, pushes him back more.
Can you guys get both though? Kelly and Dusty? Hawks likely to trump you one way or the other, I belive they have massive coin to throw at Dusty!

Will Swallow be chopped at end of year? IMO he is in the same boat as Priddis, who I reckon will/should be chopped at end of year, or has he a contract that goes beyond this year?

Great points I didn't even consider. He'll be pissed if they come because Dusty is half fwd Mids, pushes him back more.
Can you guys get both though? Kelly and Dusty? Hawks likely to trump you one way or the other, I belive they have massive coin to throw at Dusty!
Swallow is already gone. Dumont has taken his place.

To be honest, if we get Kelly and Martin I wouldn't be all that fussed if Mountford requested a trade.

Hawthorn? There's more chance of Ray Martin lining up there in 2018 than Dustin.

To be honest, if we get Kelly and Martin I wouldn't be all that fussed if Mountford requested a trade.

Hawthorn? There's more chance of Ray Martin lining up there in 2018 than Dustin.
Exactly...why would he go to a struggling club who cant win a final to a club who wont win a final for years.

Ray Martin, you're old. I am too, because I know who the hell he is, and not just Eric Banna doing a piss take of him! LOL

Fair enough Passmore. Great call!

Make me laugh! :D:)

Been tearing the twos up.
Any danger of him getting played again soon? I don't understand he had one game at the start, was dropped and hasn't returned.

Your team has a lot of good kids developing outside the 22, need to bring more in.

Simpkins gonna be a start too.
Tearing it up? He hasn't played for a month. A second rounder from you or your Freo mates will get a deal done here.

A win win win for Dec, North and the WA club he goes to.

Tearing it up? He hasn't played for a month. A second rounder from you or your Freo mates will get a deal done here.

A win win win for Dec, North and the WA club he goes to.
You are correct. He has been emerg for a couple of weeks and I was wrong.
Certainly been great for many weeks before that.

Satisfied I have clarified it for you? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will replace Gibson why would he ask for a trade

Because some supporters think all of the players we draft are sooks who don't want to earn their spot.

Nek minute: Player signs a two year deal.

He showed some good signs tonight, a real shining light.

Love his spark in the midfield, really stood out I thought, especially in our slow yuck midfield.

Had a couple really good runs where he backed himself. Very quick.

A couple times he exploded out of traffic, gave it to Ziebell who then slowed it down and went back into traffic and turned it over. Disgraceful.

Dec is exactly the type of player we need, and he can only get a game through injury, it's an absolute disgrace and the match committee have no idea what they are doing.

Ive been banging on about this kid after watching him a lot in the VFL. Although we were poor tonight V Saints i thought he showed good signs. A couple of bursts from the centre bounce and speed with running bounces on the wing. On a s**t night nice to see a positive.

Nice Dec.

Enjoy the next few weeks in the seniors. You've earned it.

He is what this year is about finding a player who has something different and will improve the team. Has speed break the lines shut Stephens out of the game in the first half.

Should play for the rest of the year.

Was a bit disappointed to watch Stevens lay on top of him wrestling for a good minute and to not see any of his team mates go and support him.

The group was very flat tonight. Lukey the only one with any real voice.

Pleased for Dec though - he has a long career ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back