Past #42: Declan Mountford - delisted by NMFC on 04 October 2018 - thanks and good luck Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked this kid a lot tonite looks the goods and has speed to burn, A couple of mistakes but thats ok as only 2nd game.Keep in side now.

I liked this kid a lot tonite looks the goods and has speed to burn, A couple of mistakes but thats ok as only 2nd game.Keep in side now.

yep, but i have this sick feeling that we will be playing him to late, to stay with us. Freo may be right into him....:(

Ive been banging on about this kid after watching him a lot in the VFL. Although we were poor tonight V Saints i thought he showed good signs. A couple of bursts from the centre bounce and speed with running bounces on the wing. On a s**t night nice to see a positive.

You and I were both big wraps for him in recent weeks and he showed enough to get a good run in the seniors I think. What we got from him tonight was effort and application: what he's been showing in the VFL. Needs to stay in.

Played absolutely fantastic, till quarter time was best on for us, and for the job he did on Steven, he was borderline BOG for North. Has pace to burn, and great composure when getting chased, heard Brad Scott's press conference and sounds like he will be getting an extended run which is great. If he were to be dropped after tonight's performance and a bunch of other guys being terrible, I will be pining for Scott's head on a stick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked ok in his first game and ramped it up in his second to show more than enough to deserve a place in the chosen ones for the future.

His runs in the final quarter were sensational, taunting his chaser by hesitating halfway then BANG, he was off again.

All while limiting their most dangerous midfielder in Stevens.

Great start to your NMFC career Dec.

Let's sign this one up please. Looks a very natural footballer

id be very suprised if Dec signs with us, beyond this year. And you cant blame the kid. Scotts may have lost more than a few games this year.
the lure of going home, with one of the WAteams heavily into him, might spell the end of his time at nmfc (i hope im wrong)

I like him. How long before we can knock that natural determination and flair out of him?

we have 10 games to go, to ruin his game.....:(

id be very suprised if Dec signs with us, beyond this year. And you cant blame the kid. Scotts may have lost more than a few games this year.
the lure of going home, with one of the WAteams heavily into him, might spell the end of his time at nmfc (i hope im wrong)

I can understand too. Both WA teams need more midfielders and he would be closer to home. I'm hoping he gets 5-6 games like EVW and Clarke to get a real feel for playing at north and maybe that will sway him to stay. If he is in our 22 it would be much harder to walk away from

I find the thought that he'd feel hard done by re selection and opportunities a bit odd. Pick 60, had a solid first year developing in the twos, got a look in round 1 of his second season and is now poised for a solid run of senior footy.

While he has been made to really bang the door off its hinges, he definitely hasn't been left to rot in the twos.

I can imagine him looking ahead and thinking that a midfield with Kelly, Ahern, Simpkin and the current senior incumbents might leave him back on the fringes, and a WA club sweet-talking him with cash and a more guaranteed role would be tempting.

And while I'd love to see him come through as a 200 game HoFer and late-draft success story to brag about on the main board, if it looks like we can extract overs for him I'm also mindful of those times we kept Bastinac and Black in the face of big offers to move.

Looked ok in his first game and ramped it up in his second to show more than enough to deserve a place in the chosen ones for the future.

His runs in the final quarter were sensational, taunting his chaser by hesitating halfway then BANG, he was off again.

All while limiting their most dangerous midfielder in Stevens.

Great start to your NMFC career Dec.
I'm hoping I am wrong but I thought those hesitations occurred because he couldn't run onto his left side at all.

I'm hoping I am wrong but I thought those hesitations occurred because he couldn't run onto his left side at all.
Robert Harvey played 300 odd games doing the same, just saying

Remove this Banner Ad

Back