Past #42: Declan Mountford - delisted by NMFC on 04 October 2018 - thanks and good luck Dec

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hrovat is playing in the forward line. Unlikely that Mountford can play there.
Thats the role he's played all year as well as rotating through the midfield. Just watched the replay and his intensity was off the charts, skills were a bit rusty at times but his tackling/pressure would be huge for us going into finals imo

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
He's an interesting one.

He's definitely one that I could see being transformed into a Castagna, Butler type for us as a small forward. He's quick, a great tackler and has good skills.

Tuner is an absolute liability with the ball in hand.

List spots will be at a premium at the end of the year, carrying the likes of Garner for 5-6 years doesn't help.

But at worst he will be re-rookied imo.

20 disposals, 5 tackles, 5 i50s, 1 mark, 0.1.
Play the campaigner
For the life of me he offers pace around the footy, endurance and a defensive mindset to boot.
* me

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am not sure what a kid has to do to play AFL

Hes been consistently bringing that defensive pressure and getting good numbers since his come back. Brad, wake up and give him a shot!

North Media spoke with senior assistant coach Ben Dyer about some of the standout performers.

Declan Mountford | 20 disposals | 5 tackles | 5 inside 50s

“Again, he was terrific.

“If you’re a spectator and you go to the game you wouldn’t notice half the stuff he does, because he’s so team orientated.

“His tackles are obvious because they save us, but he lays blocks for our inside midfielders, shields other forwards in marking contests and he often runs past guys to be able to tackle and pressure.

“His selfless attitude rubs off on others, because if he does, the others around him need to step up as well.

“He’s doing it off a pretty low base given he’s missed a lot of footy.”

And that's the thing, if they don't rate him, why bullshit us with the comments above. If what Ben says is true, he should be playing seniors.
They can’t ignore the form. He’s right to go. He adds a lot in terms of attributes.

Back