Number
Height 197cm
Weight 87kgs
DOB - 1/10/2000
Debut - Round 9 vs Geelong 2020

Player honours: -
Draft History: Pick 18 AFL Rookie Draft 2018

Last edited:
Has anyone got anything in this guy? Any info? Or is this another Burrows.

Pick 18 - Harry Edwards (Swan Districts)
Age: 18 | Height: 195cm | Weight: 80kg | Position: Forward

The young key forward is highly-rated at Swans, but struggled to get a look-in this season after picking up a wrist injury. Was in contention for the under-18s before injury struck. Played 15 games in the colts, averaging 13 disposals. Was considered a smokey.

Edwards on the plane to Melbourne. Despite his good WAFL form it’d be a stunning debut, but if he does play he’ll be the 247th Eagle overall, the eighth player to wear the #42 (after McGovern, Wilkesmaister, Paul Johnson, Rintoul, Morrison, Connell and Cory Young), the second Edwards and the first Harry.

Also I think he’d be the first teenager to play off the rookie list since Quinten Lynch, but I have to check that.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Could be in line for an upgrade?

Reminiscence

All Australian
Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Rangers, Charlotte Hornets
It's pretty exciting for me to say I've taken the honours of choosing Harry Edwards for 2020.
It's a massive year for the young HE Grenade, but I'm sure he'll be up to the task.

To kick off 2020, I'll start with a bit of news.

Drafted at 195cm and 80kg, he's now 200cm and 93kg.
Still needs another good pre-season in the gym to put on a few more kgs (to be bigger like the Barracuda to wrestle the gorillas in the goal square - I apologise in advance for any offense caused Adam Goodes).

Reportedly set to debut against Geelong this weekend. If he does he’ll be the 251st Eagles player, the second Edwards (after Aaron), surprisingly the first Harry, the eighth player to wear the number 42 (after Gov, Wilkes/Maister, Johnson, Rintoul, Morrison, Connell and Young) and by my count the 19th Swan Districts product.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cursedsword02

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Has really come into his own as a key defender this year. Just needs to fix his one-on-one defending and he'll be a superstar.

LittleFires

Preseason nuffy
May 28, 2021
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Very excited to be sponsoring AFL Fantasy whiz, Harry Edwards for 2023.

Hopefully I do a better job than last season with Luke Foley. I really rate this guy and see him as a key part of our future backline, alongside guys like Rhett Bazzo, Tommy Cole and Tom Barrass.

LittleFires

Preseason nuffy
May 28, 2021
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

It’s a fair endorsement having the club’s all-time games record holder pick you as his candidate to have a breakout season, not to mention also the bloke who kicked the winning goal in that premiership…

Reckon Harry will surprise a few this year!

LittleFires

Preseason nuffy
May 28, 2021
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
A rather unfortunate start to 2023 for Big H.

Stuck behind Tom Barrass and Jeremy McGovern for the first three rounds of the season, Harry was playing in WAFL practice matches where no stats other than goals were recorded, though by all reports he was consistently one of the Beagles' best.

Then when Gov tore his hamstring tendon in the Derby, Harry loomed as the perfect replacement, with the possibility a long run of games in front of him given the severity of McGovern's injury.

He has clearly done something to upset the injury gods though. In the week leading up to Round 4, Harry landed awkwardly at training and tweaked his ankle. A minor setback, but frustrating given he was almost certain to come in that week.

Then just as he was gearing up for a Round 5 return, Harry fractured his wrist while spoiling a football, would you believe it. Another 4-5 weeks on the sidelines, a frustrating blow.

Let's hope his latest injury heals up nice and fast, and we see what he can offer once he returns in a few weeks time.

LittleFires

Preseason nuffy
May 28, 2021
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Well, I didn't do a great job of keeping this thread updated after April - although to be fair, there really wasn't much to write home about for H in 2023. A bit of a curse job from me.

After recovering from his wrist fracture, Harry managed just two AFL games in rounds 9 and 10 before succumbing to a groin injury. The issue frustratingly dragged on and on and eventually it was season over for him. A year to forget.

The club flew him to Qatar in the off-season to try get on top of his issues and it seems to have worked, now in full training and hopefully ready for a big 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back