Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - Twomey reporting 1yr extension - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a solid first vfl game, playing the first three quarters before being managed. His disposal was generally neat. Only had 1-2 clangers out of 13 disposals.
Doesn't have to be elite with his disposal as long as he plays to his abilities and doesn't try too much above that.
If he can do that he'll be in a good spot to make a fist of this shot he's been given.

I didn't watch that game, but I see Goater had a good game.

Was this a direct result of Dawson coming in and allowing Goater to play a more suitable role?
The back three were Hore, Dawson and Goater with the latter being used as the outlet kick after the switch.

I didn't watch that game, but I see Goater had a good game.

Was this a direct result of Dawson coming in and allowing Goater to play a more suitable role?
The back three were Hore, Dawson and Goater with the latter being used as the outlet kick after the switch.
Also allowed McGuinness to play more CHB (and he was good on the day too). Dawson couldn't be anything other than a step forward for the VFL side, as we've been undersized down back (and elsewhere) for two years. The only qualification to add would be to hold judgement until we see some AFL-listed forwards line up against the new back six

wonder how much goal kicking practice McKay has done since a) arriving, b) since Dawson's drafting c) over the bye weekend d) will be doing this week
I don’t play footy and I practise my goal kicking, just for fun. It’s hard to fathom why an elite sportsperson wouldn”t practise a fundamental of the game that they love. L Hansen, now seemingly McKay.
in McKay’s case wouldnt you have done it so you could say to your brother that it isn’t that hard? Defending is the difficult thing.

Currently training with the mids for flexibility

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't joke..

With its final pick in the 2014 National Draft, North Melbourne selected Ed-Vickers Willis from the Sandringham Dragons.

Height: 190cm
Weight: 82kg
Position: Defender
Recruited from: Sandringham Dragons

Bryce Lewis says: “We see him as a 190 centimetre midfield type. He certainly played midfield for the Sandringham Dragons, both as a winger and a bit of time in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“I should be right to play a full game next week. The plan was always to play three quarters and just try to get through,” he said.

“One of my favourite parts of footy is being able to crack in and get involved in the physical side of the game, and the conditions were perfect to be able to do that. I had a lot of fun.

“Hopefully I’ll be able to play some good footy in the VFL and then push my name up for the seniors. All I can do is focus on my own performance and try to help the team win.

“If I do that then I think I’ll be in a pretty good place for the rest of the year.”

“I should be right to play a full game next week. The plan was always to play three quarters and just try to get through,” he said.

“One of my favourite parts of footy is being able to crack in and get involved in the physical side of the game, and the conditions were perfect to be able to do that. I had a lot of fun.

“Hopefully I’ll be able to play some good footy in the VFL and then push my name up for the seniors. All I can do is focus on my own performance and try to help the team win.

“If I do that then I think I’ll be in a pretty good place for the rest of the year.”
A north player having fun playing?!
Inconceivable.

A north player having fun playing?!
Inconceivable.

After starting the season for bottom-placed Williamstown before being drafted by North, Dawson says it was nice to be back on the field.

“It was nice to have a win, I haven’t had a win for a while. It was really good to get out there with the boys and enjoy a game where the group played really well,” Dawson told North Media.

It's just wrong. There have been enough reports around suggesting that Dawson was on the shopping list of a number of clubs. There's almost zero chance he would have made it to our second pick.
I’m still pissed off we didn’t even use the second pick & now Menzie has kicked 8 goals in the past three games as a small forward for Essendon reserves & will likely debut this week.

I’m still pissed off we didn’t even use the second pick & now Menzie has kicked 8 goals in the past three games as a small forward for Essendon reserves & will likely debut this week.
we should have taken him, even if was just to save 1 kid from having to play with *.

After starting the season for bottom-placed Williamstown before being drafted by North, Dawson says it was nice to be back on the field.

“It was nice to have a win, I haven’t had a win for a while. It was really good to get out there with the boys and enjoy a game where the group played really well,” Dawson told North Media.
Now don’t you start getting used to that feeling big fella !
F056C1D3-8E37-4A5D-BBAD-CA14CBA40B2F.gif

I hope we can develop Kallan into a competent AFL level defensive interceptor, a role we need filled asap, he appears to have the tools required (good size, hands, and pace), and if precise kicking is currently not a strength, someone like Perez to be first option to get ball to (quickly) to launch a scoring chain.

I hope we can develop Kallan into a competent AFL level defensive interceptor, a role we need filled asap, he appears to have the tools required (good size, hands, and pace), and if precise kicking is currently not a strength, someone like Perez to be first option to get ball to (quickly) to launch a scoring chain.
I hope so too Mutts .
Because Unfortunately Massimo @ * said a big hi 👋 & 🖕to our recruitment team & us supporters today . 0781BBBB-96C6-4091-B18C-DF1BBC6ACE7F.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back