Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - Twomey reporting 1yr extension - Roo until end '24

“He’s got good speed, good judgement in the air and he’s been quite skilful and safe with the ball in hand."

Hmmmm

Brady rates his kicking

I mean Brady had a stellar career of bullet passes and dart like handballs.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Put on over 10 kegs in under 2 years?

Genuinely impressive to put on that much weight and still have serious wheels, all without the aid of a professional AFL environment. Good implications right there.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It just seems like increadibly s**t list management.

We opted against a KPD last year in a year absolutely stacked with them. We opt out of the Rookie Draft and use it to shuffle salaries when someone like Charlie Dean (who was the best KPD in the VFL) is available.

Then we scramble to take a KPD when there some quality best available 19 year olds for the taking.

It’s just absolutely reflective of where we are at as a club at the moment, mismanaged and incompetent.

In saying that, this might be a master stroke, but I’m not holding my breath.
We all know it won't be a masterstroke - there is absolutely no evidence to support such an expectation.

However there is overwhelming evidence to suggest it is a continuation of as you say 'incredibly s**t list management'.

It is scrambling, it is reaching, it is trying to make up for past mistakes - and it is in reality what we wall expected to happen because that is where the club is at atm - a horrible mess with no accountability.

Jul 12, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
Will have more 2 meter handballs to the runner behind him than anyone in the league if we play it right. Shame that Hally is out still, they'd form a good partnership quicksmart.

I would try Powell in the Hall role - he seems to have that composure that would allow him to assess the best option / target coming out of D50 (a bit like a younger version of Caleb Daniel).

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would try Powell in the Hall role - he seems to have that composure that would allow him to assess the best option / target coming out of D50 (a bit like a younger version of Caleb Daniel).
If Noble isn't going to give Powell a good share of CBAs I more or less agree.

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
Tonight let’s all just take that and sleep well.

We have one more KPD on the list. We’ll probably have drafted the best 18 year-old KPD as well by years end. Gets us closer to where we need to be.
Exactly.

Now if we could only find a key forward, small forward, ruckman, some decent wingers and fast rebounding half backs we’ll be right 👍👍👍

Jun 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors, Arsenal FC
"He’s got good speed, good judgement in the air and he’s been quite skilful and safe with the ball in hand."

**** me Brady, how the hell do you lie to a whole fanbase's face like this.
He doesn't mention what happens when it leaves his hand 😆

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i really dont understand some of the complaints here

admittedly, i don't know anything about that Massimo bloke or anyone else here, but we clearly need another young KPD on the list. Judging by his highlights, too, as the interceptor he'll be a great partner for BMac who is more of a stopper. Looks as good a pick as these speculative MSD picks can be to me

and i really dont think it matters that he's injured for the next few weeks. We need an intercepting KPD next year and in the future as much as we do in the next month

Back