Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - Twomey reporting 1yr extension - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL.

The fact that you know players who weren't chosen is irrelevant. Dozens of players weren't chosen. Of the ones who were, many clubs showed interest. Claiming Dawson would be there for our second pick was a long bow, but perfect if you want to whinge about everything the club does.

It's not shooting the messenger when you point out the message was yet another whinge.
Come on mate, you’ve completely missed the message.

How do you know he wouldn’t be around at our second pick? You have NFI. There’s every chance he could have been. Carton didn’t need to take a punt on a kid who’s played a couple of VFL games, they needed a guy who’s been there before for depth. Did anyone else take a key defender? (I honestly have no idea).

Come on mate, you’ve completely missed the message.

How do you know he wouldn’t be around at our second pick? You have NFI. There’s every chance he could have been. Carton didn’t need to take a punt on a kid who’s played a couple of VFL games, they needed a guy who’s been there before for depth. Did anyone else take a key defender? (I honestly have no idea).

Well, the bolded is where we disagree. I believe it was a small chance that he'd still be there. He was one of a handful of players being talked up in this draft and we grabbed him as he fit our greatest need, rather than punting that none of the other interested clubs would choose him.

On that basis, the only message being missed is my strong view that the criticism of the selection is so typical of how this board is these days. I know you're sensitive about people having a go at your JHF stuff, so you feel it's another "shoot the messenger". But it's not - whinging about the Dawson selection should be called out, it's not a valid "message".

He reminds me - in looks, position & potentially playing style - of another guy we had on our list a few years ago...

Their names are also freakily similar... Let's take out the KAL & DAW and play Wheel of Fortune:

---LAN ---SON

Declan Watson
Let’s hope that he has a better career.
Straight into the side after the bye.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well, the bolded is where we disagree. I believe it was a small chance that he'd still be there. He was one of a handful of players being talked up in this draft and we grabbed him as he fit our greatest need, rather than punting that none of the other interested clubs would choose him.

On that basis, the only message being missed is my strong view that the criticism of the selection is so typical of how this board is these days. I know you're sensitive about people having a go at your JHF stuff, so you feel it's another "shoot the messenger". But it's not - whinging about the Dawson selection should be called out, it's not a valid "message".
I here ya. I just hope they had a report from Luff and did the complete opposite.

We get it mate, you have discovered gifs
Oprah Hand Outs GIF

He reminds me - in looks, position & potentially playing style - of another guy we had on our list a few years ago...

Their names are also freakily similar... Let's take out the KAL & DAW and play Wheel of Fortune:

---LAN ---SON
LACLAN HANSON…

taylor hanson 90s GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young is building nicely. His form is decent. I would like to see the trajectory of his stats since round one, especially his tackles, changers and 1%ers as I think he has improved a lot.
Spot on, very footy smart of you :stern look

Young is building nicely. His form is decent. I would like to see the trajectory of his stats since round one, especially his tackles, changers and 1%ers as I think he has improved a lot.
Yes I like young but he can’t play when he’s suspended

---LAN ---SON
1655586664052.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back