All Australian
Suspended
May 3, 2015
Tahiti
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Zyzz is God
Will be interesting to see how this big guy Kitten develops. It's a shame that rucks, like big forwards + backs take time to develop, we could really do with a good ruck.

Not being a smart-ass but who knows. I haven't heard anything from the club about him. IMO Hans would have been better going to a bottom tier club there would have been more opportunity. Unless he knew he wasn't going to get a game; so why not have fun at your own club.

Not being a smart-ass but who knows. I haven't heard anything from the club about him. IMO Hans would have been better going to a bottom tier club there would have been more opportunity. Unless he knew he wasn't going to get a game; so why not have fun at your own club.

Not being a smart ass at all mate, I agree 100% RE: Wagner.

With Joey Wagner being delisted by port just wondering what sort of year Padraig had?
Id suggest as he's a free hit pretty much he'd go around again unless there is a mad class b rookie rush.

He is still a massive way off having said that. Hi fitness needs work and he's still getting the game under control. His skill improved thru the year but of the two tall ruck types we have, Tom Read is in front of Lucey and would be my choice if I had to pick.

Go Catters

Id suggest as he's a free hit pretty much he'd go around again unless there is a mad class b rookie rush.

He is still a massive way off having said that. Hi fitness needs work and he's still getting the game under control. His skill improved thru the year but of the two tall ruck types we have, Tom Read is in front of Lucey and would be my choice if I had to pick.

Go Catters

Thanks for the update, appreciated

With Joey Wagner being delisted by port just wondering what sort of year Padraig had?
probably had a learning season, Craffles . Geelong picked him up for bargain price for a project. If he works out, all good, If not then not much loss. Good ruckmen hard to find, and remember what happened when Melbourne took a chance on a skinny Irish boy named Stynes .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blicavs is our Stynes, Lucey is horrid.

Read doesn't look much better but he has plenty of youth on his side so there's some room for potential there.
hey Bobby, yeah I've never seen him play, except for a few moments on the recruit, so I'll take your word four it. GFC paid very little for and will probably let him go when they have seen enough.

Blicavs is our Stynes, Lucey is horrid.

Read doesn't look much better but he has plenty of youth on his side so there's some room for potential there.

In the VFL outings I saw Read play Id say his ceiling is much higher than Lucey's. Read's reading of the ball in flight, and action once its on the deck, seemed ahead of Lucey. I agree he has time on his side - But id also say at tho point, as an 19 year old, just getting his tank back after 18 months out, he is better placed. His marking and kicking looked more natural too.

Happy for Lucey to keep developing and to take the time to get better but if I had to choose one, Read all day long.

Go Catters

The Recruit experiment is over.

Lucey made big strides from year 1 to year 2 - and well done to him - but it appears that it was not enough. Some good VFL games were not consistent enough and disappeared in the final. Thanks for the effort and Guiness!

GO Catters
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2016-09-27/rookies-depart-cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back