Player Watch #42 Robbie Fox - The Fantastic Mr Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

DAvciZcK.jpg

Robbie Fox

Player Profile

Capable of playing as a defender, shifting forward or pinch-hitting in the ruck, Robbie Fox is a versatile option for Sydney Swans coach John Longmire. The Tasmanian is also one of the best endurance runners at the club and can take a strong contested grab. Sydney rookie-listed Fox in November 2016 and he’s since fought hard to become a regular member of the Swans’ best 22. He played 11 senior matches in 2019. Draft history: 2017 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 34.

Robbie Fox

DOB: 16 April 1993
DEBUT: 2017
DRAFT: 2016
RECRUITED FROM: Burnie Dockers (Tas)/Coburg Lions (VFL)

Last edited:

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Midfielder from Tassie who has been playing for the Coburg Lions

Last edited:
Midfielder from Tassie who has been playing for the Coburg Tigers
Called the Coburg Lions actually ;).

Robbie is probably my favourite player from Coburg. Rate him as highly as Luke Ryan, if not higher. Hard running two way winger with good skills and decision making. I liken him to a right footed Isaac Smith.

Robbie FOX (Coburg)
2016 VFL
Totals

• 13 games
  • 5 goals
  • 7 behinds
  • 8 times in best players list
Averages
  • 8.6 kicks
  • 13.1 handballs
  • 21.7 disposals
  • 1.3 marks
  • 7.2 tackles
  • 0.2 hitouts
  • 2.8 inside 50s
  • 1.2 rebound 50s
  • 0.8 frees for
  • 1.0 frees against
  • 85.46 DT points

zAMRJk2.png

A significant improvement on his 2015 VFL season where he averaged 11.5 disposals and 3.2 tackles

Looks like he might go alright... at 23 (H:187, W: 87) you'd think that Shawy will bring him along and he'll get a game at some point next season if he's good enough. Pretty steep learning curve, and he'll need to really want it, but I have good feeling about this guy... fingers crossed!! ;)

PS. Thanks grimlock for providing all these stats! It would take me forever to research this stuff, so I really appreciate you providing for our draftees! :D

I like this pick. Moves well, can tackle, has a decent leap and plays the link man really well. His highlights package showed some good quick decisions too, something we could obviously use

Just to let you know, Robbie Fox played really well for Coburg in one of our VFL games against them last year, and at the time one of our posters was telling us how good this guy is as he knows a bit about Coburg.

So it sounds like you did very well again in this rookie draft with this pick up!

Of the 9 players we have brought to our club this off season, IMO Robbie Fox is the most likely to play senior AFL football in 2017.
Once he learns our game plan, he has the maturity both physically & mentally to deal with the monotonous team meetings & hard work required to demand a spot in the best 22. We seem look to elevate at least one rookie nearly every year which gives everyone on the list hope if they work hard enough.

This has a Dane Rampe feel about it to me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to let you know, Robbie Fox played really well for Coburg in one of our VFL games against them last year, and at the time one of our posters was telling us how good this guy is as he knows a bit about Coburg.

So it sounds like you did very well again in this rookie draft with this pick up!
Looks like a harder version of Towers on the tapes

Of the 9 players we have brought to our club this off season, IMO Robbie Fox is the most likely to play senior AFL football in 2017.
Once he learns our game plan, he has the maturity both physically & mentally to deal with the monotonous team meetings & hard work required to demand a spot in the best 22. We seem look to elevate at least one rookie nearly every year which gives everyone on the list hope if they work hard enough.

This has a Dane Rampe feel about it to me!

How are you feeling about this prediction Tedeski? I note a couple of the VFL watchers in this thread rated him, so he should acquit himself well tonight at the very least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back