Player Watch #42: Ryan Garthwaite

Remove this Banner Ad

I had him at "never heard of him"

No surprise...either that you don't like the guy Richmond took, or that a guy taken with one of the last picks in the draft isn't well known.

bd226792af32eb29da3998b9f6558a50.jpg

No surprise...either that you don't like the guy Richmond took, or that a guy taken with one of the last picks in the draft isn't well known.

So you're upset that the tigers took players in the draft I didn't like or I've never heard of? OK, I'll take your advice on board.

I love Shai Bolton and

I've hard so much about whats his name I can't believe he didn't go sooner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Garthwaite
Murray Bushrangers (TAC Cup), 193cm, 84kg

Garthwaite is a versatile defender from the Murray Bushrangers, who was a GWS Academy member in 2016 and also represented the Allies in the under-18 national championships.

He played 12 games for the Bushrangers in the 2016 season, finishing equal second in their best and fairest, playing as key defender.

Garthwaite prides himself on his ability to negate the opposition’s best forwards, while also displaying the ability to drop off and intercept.

This was best illustrated in the TAC Cup grand final against Sandringham, where he finished with 24 possessions, nine marks (two contested and three from the opposition), six rebound-50s and six tackles.
As I live and breathe , we ve drafted a player that steps up in finals , 24p in the gf as a key defender , whoa

G'day guys, first post on the forum. Just thought I'd contribute and say that I played with him at an U18s level (Lavington Panthers) a couple of years back and he was an absolute jet down back for us, and handy up forward at times. Think he will be a very solid player for us and could be a steal. Go Tiges

Can play.
Pretty sure he racked up the most touches in the TAC Cup granny, was very handy out of FB.
Have seen him play against men too which is a plus, only gripe with the TAC system is that some kids just can't match it with the bigger bodies, this kid can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back