Player Watch #42: Ryan Garthwaite

Remove this Banner Ad

wrong, you have the best team balance you can get, unless you are that good ie dangerfield, dusty or Ablett and can play anywhere.

if your the 4th best mid or tall and cant play anywhere else then you wait for injury or form lapse.

Astbury and Garth cant play wing and Miles cant play fwd or back and Prestia cant play back pocket so your your best 22 on paper argument is flawed.

LOL .... your Miles hate continues.
Miles kicked three in the twos the other week, some of them resting forward. Yes can't play forward!
BTW, Astbury and Garth can play tall forward if need be ... and wouldn't rule out one of them being plonked forward.
Or we could just pick CEllis who can't play well anywhere in the ones ;

Been a tad disappointed in broady hasn’t come on from last year , yep competes well , too many of his kicks are hack blasts out of congestion , in a top side HB need a trick or two more than that , hope he kicks on or alternately Garth potentially gets a run , markov too

Too be honest, thought he would be the first one out of the 22 this year.

LOL .... your Miles hate continues.
Miles kicked three in the twos the other week, some of them resting forward. Yes can't play forward!
BTW, Astbury and Garth can play tall forward if need be ... and wouldn't rule out one of them being plonked forward.
Or we could just pick CEllis who can't play well anywhere in the ones ;

you just don't get it do you, you say i have Mile's hate which j don't and I say you have Mile's rose coloured glasses...

I don't care what Miles does in the VFL it's a differeant standard that doesn't expose his flaws and he is exceptionally good at that level, but he is not bashing in against danger, cripps, wines etc where his lack of size, speed, spread and defensive skills get found out when he steps up in class.

He could win a Lisbon or a megarey medal and still not be good enough at AFL in his ONLY 1 position.

You cant dive on the ball in the AFL and he does not have the flexability or versatility to play anywhere else which means he needs to be the best inside mid at the club to get a game which he isn't.

Thankfully Dimma and the match committee understand AFL footy better than you and he went straight back to the VFL as soon as Dusty returned.

you just don't get it do you, you say i have Mile's hate which j don't and I say you have Mile's rose coloured glasses...

I don't care what Miles does in the VFL it's a differeant standard that doesn't expose his flaws and he is exceptionally good at that level, but he is not bashing in against danger, cripps, wines etc where his lack of size, speed, spread and defensive skills get found out when he steps up in class.

He could win a Lisbon or a megarey medal and still not be good enough at AFL in his ONLY 1 position.

You cant dive on the ball in the AFL and he does not have the flexability or versatility to play anywhere else which means he needs to be the best inside mid at the club to get a game which he isn't.

Thankfully Dimma and the match committee understand AFL footy better than you and he went straight back to the VFL as soon as Dusty returned.

Well how do you explain the fact he was in our top five players the one game he played?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Ryan was impressive today especially for game 1.

He is a bit like the great Inspector gadget Fletcher to him at Essendon in the past.

I like what I sure, I think this guys not a list clogger and has further upside to be developed hopefully!!
You'd luv him at GWS.

Played well tonight did a few nice things that don't show up on the stat sheet. Think he will replace broad next year. Personally I'd try him up forward in seniors next week. Kid can take a grab has twice kicked 100 goals as a jr and at very least will bring ball to ground. Offers way more than Moore or Townsend

Played well tonight did a few nice things that don't show up on the stat sheet. Think he will replace broad next year. Personally I'd try him up forward in seniors next week. Kid can take a grab has twice kicked 100 goals as a jr and at very least will bring ball to ground. Offers way more than Moore or Townsend
I don't think Broad's going anywhere.

I'd like to see how he goes up forward too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back