Player Watch #42: Ryan Garthwaite

Remove this Banner Ad

Never could say the effort wasn’t there for the bloke. Hopefully he gets another opportunity and if not thanks for the service. A small cog in the bigger machine that was one of the best eras for the club

We've certainly lost a few defenders that's for sure, need to supplant through the draft.
Don't like when they play Bakes further upfield, his forte is across half back at ground level.

He was a real leader down back in the VFL from a young age and I had high hopes for him. Not sure if he just wasn't good enough at the top level or whether he lost some confidence. Wasn't easy for him though as he often came in with multiple players missing from the backline group.
Spot on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David cloke

David cloke had the same kicking style did he make it .
Cloke was nearly 6’6 and weighed about 110 kilo. 333 games as a Ruck, Garth only played on the best fwds at VFL level really and usually those fwds are picked to be in that team all season.
I reckon it shows just how small a percentage of players make it to the very top, we are all so quick to say that “He doesn’t have the skills” but they’re talking about someone who is in the top 5% in the country and stayed there for 5-6 years. That’s a bloody good player.
Good on ya Garthy.

As someone who can speak on behalf of all unco footy players everywhere but not those ones who do the double handed smash down on your foot as hard as you can types…they’re fu.ked
Garthy, we salute you.
👍
Definitely in the top 3 best looking most unco kicking style at the top level.

James Manson.
Ryan Garthwaite.
David Cloke.

Hope Garth gets another chance somewhere, great clubman/bloke and there's plenty worse players on lists.

Andrew Dunkley says hi. ;)
Sydney seemed to have their share of the ugly kicking players..I remember a swans player with a tilt head that was off putting...

Cloke was nearly 6’6 and weighed about 110 kilo. 333 games as a Ruck, Garth only played on the best fwds at VFL level really and usually those fwds are picked to be in that team all season.
I reckon it shows just how small a percentage of players make it to the very top, we are all so quick to say that “He doesn’t have the skills” but they’re talking about someone who is in the top 5% in the country and stayed there for 5-6 years. That’s a bloody good player.
Good on ya Garthy.

As someone who can speak on behalf of all unco footy players everywhere but not those ones who do the double handed smash down on your foot as hard as you can types…they’re fu.ked
Garthy, we salute you.
👍
Definitely in the top 3 best looking most unco kicking style at the top level.

James Manson.
Ryan Garthwaite.
David Cloke.
rod curly austin :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back