Player Watch #42: Ryan Garthwaite

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Garthy, you should never,never, never have played last week! so badly underdone-20 coaches and fitness managers and they still can't see that 3 weeks after rehab you were no where near fit-and still they played you-necessity? lot fitter men with full pre season in vfl !! if it doesn't come together here at rfc, i know that others are interested. stay confidant in the way you can play the game your time will come, but where? We all up here in the nth love following your journey, head up, push hard and stay focused!!! Kill em at pr on sat morn, will be watching, should be a ripper game. Go Tigers.

Hey Garthy, you should never,never, never have played last week! so badly underdone-20 coaches and fitness managers and they still can't see that 3 weeks after rehab you were no where near fit-and still they played you-necessity? lot fitter men with full pre season in vfl !! if it doesn't come together here at rfc, i know that others are interested. stay confidant in the way you can play the game your time will come, but where? We all up here in the nth love following your journey, head up, push hard and stay focused!!! Kill em at pr on sat morn, will be watching, should be a ripper game. Go Tigers.

Have to agree with that was a poor decision considering coming back from injury and got a corky to.Be back bigger and stronger.

Right decision to drop him. Let him find his feet in the VFL rather than risk having his confidence destroyed by playing on guns when he has no form himself. The club is rightly happy with Garthwaite's development but realistically, he needs to be at or near his very best to be competitive at AFL level at this stage given the class of players he would be asked to play against. Also, with Grimes coming back there is no real role for Garthwaite unless you jettison Astbury or Broad who are both well established at this stage.

I thought he was very stiff to get dropped, I know he was quite under the pump last week but very few players played well last week.

It was obvious he was quite underdone
but if he gets a consistent run in the seniors he’ll be ready in no time!
I hope that's the case because we need him at his best to prevent cricket scores kicked against us, Cameron had a field day last week and it pissed me off!

I thought he was very stiff to get dropped, I know he was quite under the pump last week but very few players played well last week.

It was obvious he was quite underdone but if he gets a consistent run in the seniors he’ll be ready in no time!
Common sense but this is RFC we only reward consistency. B Ellis- George very consistently bad.

Last time I checked he’s contracted to the end of next year and he’s only been dropped to build fitness (would of preferred to see him stay in the side but hey I’m just a flog on bigfooty)

But sheesh people are acting like he’s going to be leaving the club for being dropped

I don't think it is the worst thing for him to get some touch and match fitness in the 2's, he will definitely get a group of senior games this year. it was asking a lot for a young guy to play his 3rd senior game after, one vfl practice match following recovery from injury. he will get his chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the fitness excuse, he has the fitness
no he doesn't. No JLT, no practice matches, not even in a training session. Would have done a fair bit of 3/4 pace running before a couple of weeks of regular training (which is nowhere near as hard as preseason training), then a couple of halves in the VFL. He was as slow as a wet week last week and should not have been played.

no he doesn't. No JLT, no practice matches, not even in a training session. Would have done a fair bit of 3/4 pace running before a couple of weeks of regular training (which is nowhere near as hard as preseason training), then a couple of halves in the VFL. He was as slow as a wet week last week and should not have been played.

wouldn't have been selected last week if he didn't have the fitness

wouldn't have been selected last week if he didn't have the fitness

Garth was selected underdone last week because of a lack of other options I don’t even know how you can’t see that

Tom Lynch played round 1 despite multiple comments from our own coaching staff that he wasn’t ready from a fitness standpoint

There is no fitness like match fitness, so the coaching staff got a bit desperate.

gotta keep getting selected for that, has the fitness to be selected so if they want him AFL fit then keep playing him they know this and I think it's another reason maybe he just no good

gotta keep getting selected for that, has the fitness to be selected so if they want him AFL fit then keep playing him they know this and I think it's another reason maybe he just no good

They selected him underdone because grimes was suspended and he was the next best option despite not being match fit

Now we have the luxury of having grimes back in the side so Garth can continue you build match fitness over the next few weeks in the vfl

If you seriously think Garth isn’t good enough you obviously don’t watch any vfl

Personally I would of preferred to keep Garthwaite in the srs to gain the fitness but the coaching staff would have a much better idea of what’s best for both Garth and the side than I do

They selected him underdone because grimes was suspended and he was the next best option despite not being match fit

Now we have the luxury of having grimes back in the side so Garth can continue you build match fitness over the next few weeks in the vfl

If you seriously think Garth isn’t good enough you obviously don’t watch any vfl

Personally I would of preferred to keep Garthwaite in the srs to gain the fitness but the coaching staff would have a much better idea of what’s best for both Garth and the side than I do

wouldn't any match fit player be the better option then? so he wasn't the best option. maybe naish is match fit

Last time I checked he’s contracted to the end of next year and he’s only been dropped to build fitness (would of preferred to see him stay in the side but hey I’m just a flog on bigfooty)

But sheesh people are acting like he’s going to be leaving the club for being dropped
If he was dropped to get fitness why did they pick him in the first place? He should be playing now AS HE WOULD GET fitter playing in the firsts rather than running around in the seconds. ohh I see manadue has come into the side woah just woah.:rainbow:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back