Player Watch #42: Ryan Garthwaite

Tiger_Of_Old

πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
What a problem to have - too many quality AFL backmen.

I can see them choosing to play Rance but keeping him away from KP for a few weeks. Play as that loose man and get back into the swing of it all.

As much as I love Rance I wonder if it would work bringing him right back. probably one of the few guys that could do it successfully though.
Feel sorry for Naish.Great form but can't get a look in.But yeah a good problem too have.
If Rance is ready for sure he'll be in and your right,Less taxing role would be surfice.

broad will go out for rancey at the pointy end. love **** but Garth and a fit Rance get the nod

imagine rance playing broads role lmaoooo

he literally wouldnt look at his direct opponent once during the game

Feel sorry for Naish.Great form but can't get a look in.But yeah a good problem too have.
If Rance is ready for sure he'll be in and your right,Less taxing role would be surfice.

Naish will get a shot you'd reckon. But right now he's got BEllis and KMac to dislodge, and they aren't going anywhere. Could try to move Bachar out, but Bachar likes playing AFL and is also not going anywhere.

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
imagine rance playing broads role lmaoooo

he literally wouldnt look at his direct opponent once during the game
I reckon Grimes would play smaller. Rance, Astbury and Garth as the keys, with Grimes and Vlastuin taking smaller players and Houli and Stack providing rebound.

JAKLAUGHING

Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Naish will get a shot you'd reckon. But right now he's got BEllis and KMac to dislodge, and they aren't going anywhere. Could try to move Bachar out, but Bachar likes playing AFL and is also not going anywhere.
Houli is just playing quality footy at the moment...shows what experience is all about!

And no place for Short.

That is true, and completely nuts. One of the best rebounding defenders in the AFL is (probably) being held out by a first year player.

Having a great drafting and development team is awesome :thumbsu::rainbow::cool:

Tiger_Of_Old

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
That is true, and completely nuts. One of the best rebounding defenders in the AFL is (probably) being held out by a first year player.

Having a great drafting and development team is awesome :thumbsu::rainbow::cool:
Short will have trouble getting back in.
Defensively he's a liability.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Mv1YetQ.gif

Short will have trouble getting back in.
Defensively he's a liability.

Although I agree he'll find it hard to get back in. Short really sets us up, and I reckon improved his defense this year. But Stack is awesome. Bachar is killing it.

It's very strange we have a huge weapon and he might be locked out when he's fit because we have too many other huge weapons.

Tiger_Of_Old

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Although I agree he'll find it hard to get back in. Short really sets us up, and I reckon improved his defense this year. But Stack is awesome. Bachar is killing it.

It's very strange we have a huge weapon and he might be locked out when he's fit because we have too many other huge weapons.
Reckon It'll depend on Naish when he gets his chance and or Ellis if he stays weather we actually keep short.

Reckon It'll depend on Naish when he gets his chance and or Ellis if he stays weather we actually keep short.

If we decide to trade Short we will get a lot of interest. Like a hell of a lot.

It's interesting to have so many quality kids coming into a team that is really good, but also not old. If we end up 2019 with really high quality kids do we look to trade out 2 or 3 more experienced players?

purr hana

stare it down
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
A little history! Having known Garth from 12 to 18 as a coach and watcher of sport up in the nth of the state and in GWS academy[still have the paper work] , he was not quick over 100m, but from 200m up to 400, 800,1600m his times were quick he was always top 3 and not beaten at 3kms, so definitely a 'stayer'. He ran em ragged in O&M U16s for 2 seasons at CHF, very long 'accurate' kick netting 84 12 and 96 14 at Lavi, then to Bushies. Hope this info helps, Cheers.

JAKLAUGHING

Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
A little history! Having known Garth from 12 to 18 as a coach and watcher of sport up in the nth of the state and in GWS academy[still have the paper work] , he was not quick over 100m, but from 200m up to 400, 800,1600m his times were quick he was always top 3 and not beaten at 3kms, so definitely a 'stayer'. He ran em ragged in O&M U16s for 2 seasons at CHF, very long 'accurate' kick netting 84 12 and 96 14 at Lavi, then to Bushies. Hope this info helps, Cheers.
Excellent get him to play at CHF and kick a goal and then run back to CHB to defend...rinse repeat...

purr hana

stare it down
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Excellent get him to play at CHF and kick a goal and then run back to CHB to defend...rinse repeat...
Gidday JAK L, sadly he probably can't kick a goal to save himself now, but WOW i ''think'' he is going to be a valuable defender for a little while with the Tiges??? GWS's loss, Mark Mcveigh was a big wrap for him, glad the Tigers got him, cheers.

Back