AFL Player #42: Sam Durham - Number upgrade?

Remove this Banner Ad

eth-dog

Tier 1 WW Player
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
E3Acu5VVcAYidIA.jpeg
shoop'd
Contract Status: Out of contract 2022 (Category A Rookie)
Last Game Played: Currently in the side
Injury Status: n/a

Last edited by a moderator:

Tazdog

All Australian
Nov 8, 2015
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Jai Newcombe and Eddie Ford would be other players in the mix
Probably miles Bergman. 2 goals, 20 touches, 7 marks and 6 score involvements in a win. He's also been the most consistent of all the aforementioned players. If Newcombe gets selected its just the afl trying to pump up the mid season draft.

Rebellya

Premium Platinum
Oct 17, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
How does a player like him slip through the cracks when he’s the type of footballer everyone is after?

Elite two way runner, can read it and grab it in the air, dual sided by hand and foot, not afraid to go when it’s his turn and most importantly, doesn’t just chase the footy around like an auskicker, is being given a defined role on a wing and sticking to it.

Richmond would be absolutely livid
like Maurice Rioli Jnr!?

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
He's been quite a find since coming into the team. I look forward to seeing his development over the next few years to see how good he can get.
Quite a good user of the ball and a good runner who really busts a gut. Whilst he's an outside player - he's not soft. Plenty to work with there.
I'm not sure yet if he's going to hold down a wing spot for the long term but he's a chance.

I definitely think he's ahead of Ham. His ball use if nothing else is a big plus there.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
I like Duz a lot already. Composed and has boot polish.

Provides good pressure on the attacking player, but I feel like he needs to slow down a tad when he approaches the player, corral and then pick his timing to nail the tackle. At the moment he seems to rush to the player and commit his body and momentum too easily, causing him to slip from the tackle when the player simply moves aside a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JT_the_Man

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 23, 2014
Wonders
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LCFC, LAL, 49ers, Melb Utd, Stars
Definitely needs more muscle, probably the main thing I disliked about his game today. Luckily he’s big enough that I’d say that’s easily changed with a preseason in the gym.

TheGrizz

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Almost like he's never done an AFL pre-season 🙃
Its not a knock on him? To play as many games as he has this year + a final is a credit to him.

But lets not pretend like he wasnt brushed aside a fair bit today. Observation, not a critique.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad