AFL Player #22: Sam Durham - 10 Coaches Votes!

Remove this Banner Ad

We can all agree that Sam has the tools required to be a consistent contributor at the level, just needs to work on that composure for it to really show his impact.

He has given us a taste, hoping with a full (AFL) pre season into him, he can hit the ground running and lock down a wing spot for us moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So apparently he missed the intraclub due to a corkie, should hopefully be able to play tomorrow though

“Durham had a significant calf cork out of training and missed the game as a precaution. He’ll aim to train fully this week and hopefully line up on Wednesday."

So apparently he missed the intraclub due to a corkie, should hopefully be able to play tomorrow though

“Durham had a significant calf cork out of training and missed the game as a precaution. He’ll aim to train fully this week and hopefully line up on Wednesday."

Not named.

Still injured or just not selected?
Not on the injury list, not that that means anything.

I hope they don't forget about him, realistically if we're picking on structure not talent he's probably the 12th or 13th picked, but alas.

Cox obviously has the higher ceiling (may actually have a higher ceiling than anyone) but Durham's understanding of the wing role is greater at this stage.

Not on the injury list, not that that means anything.

I hope they don't forget about him, realistically if we're picking on structure not talent he's probably the 12th or 13th picked, but alas.

Cox obviously has the higher ceiling (may actually have a higher ceiling than anyone) but Durham's understanding of the wing role is greater at this stage.

I assume he's competing with guys like Cox and Langford for a wing role. Langford is clearly ahead of both, and Cox probably given first crack at it, especially if Durham is a bit underdone.

Not too worried that he’s not in contention right now. Based on how good he was last year I don’t think it will take long for him to string some good VFL form together to make them consider him. Hopefully Hobbs and Wanganeen are able to do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's had an interrupted pre-season. Think he played a half in the VFL today. Maybe not next week but the week after yes.

Don’t laugh but I think in terms of structural importance and players who’s attributes cannot be replaced by others on the list it’s currently

1.Draper
2.Laverde
3.Wright
4.Stringer
5.Perkins
6.Durham

Has ‘best in the AFL at his position’ potential.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back