Averages

Kicks: 11.1 per game
Handballs: 5.8 per game
Disposals: 16.9 per game
Marks: 4.1 per game
Tackles: 2.1 per game

Milestones

Ranked 13th in the AFL for effective disposal percentage per game
Career high disposals (23) and kicks (18) in a game (round 19, 2018 versus Fremantle Dockers)

Standout

Round 19, 2018 (versus Fremantle Dockers): Part of a back-line that kept an insipid Fremantle forward line well in check, Miles gathered a career-high 23 disposals, laid four tackles and snuck forward often enough to kick a goal. Looked a good fit in the Hawks defence.

Shocker

Round 23, 2018 (versus Sydney Swans): Miles found it much tougher to be part of the springboard out of defence, with just eight disposals for the game as the Hawks clung on to defeat the Swans and secure a top four finish. Having played eight games in a row to that point, Miles was deemed not good enough to play in Hawthorn's finals campaign and was overlooked for both finals.

Milestones

Ranked 13th in the AFL for effective disposal percentage per game
Wow, just wow.

A very composed and creative player who is able to weave through traffic and make good decisions.

I would love to know how many scoring chains he was a part of last season.

Under-rated and I really hope can cement a spot in the side this year.

Wow, just wow.

A very composed and creative player who is able to weave through traffic and make good decisions.

I would love to know how many scoring chains he was a part of last season.

Under-rated and I really hope can cement a spot in the side this year.

Miles needs to make an impression on the field with his defensive efforts. If he gains that trust he could have a long career at Hawthorn.

If he doesn't then another team at the top or bottom of the ladder could be interested in him next year - he has a lot to offer.

If he doesn't then another team at the top or bottom of the ladder could be interested in him next year - he has a lot to offer.

I read somewhere that he also does some pre-game thing to help energise the group which the players say help them perform better.

Whether I watched him at Box Hill or playing for Hawthorn, he always impressed me. I can only recall him getting caught once last year. He's not going to be a superstar of the competition, but could be a solid B player. Think he needs to work on gaining confidence of the coaches, not sure he follows team instructions all the time. Probably seen as depth but I reckon he could be more.

Going by the last few seasons, he is locked in as a small defender. Jimp and Dimma are locked in those spots, should one go down then I reckon Burger would go back. Clarko likes his backline settled and then backs em in. Glass could end up being the lock defender of smalls. He has the agility. He is suspect body on body but not such a big issue when you are a foot taller.

I thought he was OK last season, but being overlooked for Doc in the finals was the last nail in his HFC career coffin.

Going by the last few seasons, he is locked in as a small defender. Jimp and Dimma are locked in those spots, should one go down then I reckon Burger would go back. Clarko likes his backline settled and then backs em in. Glass could end up being the lock defender of smalls. He has the agility. He is suspect body on body but not such a big issue when you are a foot taller.

I thought he was OK last season, but being overlooked for Doc in the finals was the last nail in his HFC career coffin.

He's played as a small forward too but seems just as many ahead of him. He's clearly backup, not in our best 22. You seem to be saying no more than that, whereas I thought your point was that there's something against him and I wondered how that could be when we just offered him a new contract, albeit for one year.

Hope Miles kicks on this year. I always feel comfortable when he's in possession, even on our last line of defence. Was surprised when he was omitted in sept and even more so that we were partial to moving him on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back