Past #42: Tom Campbell - delisted end '21 - 12 NM games / 7 NM goals - 2019 NM VFL John Law Medallist - thanks Soup

Remove this Banner Ad

Big fella soupman was great again today.
Two contested marks and 4 tackles on top of his ruckwork. Puts in (awkward) efforts with the groundballs too. He's putting in the effort, a lot of it, and getting the reward now that he's got some consecutive games under his belt. I love it.

Two contested marks and 4 tackles on top of his ruckwork. Puts in (awkward) efforts with the groundballs too. He's putting in the effort, a lot of it, and getting the reward now that he's got some consecutive games under his belt. I love it.

Watch the last 5 minutes won all the hit outs and tapped down to Cunnington.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clearly has improved with some confidence in his place in the team. Wrapped for him and hope he gets to enjoy some great memories out of his career.

Keep hearing good things about this man behind the scenes. Must keep around the club post career. VFL and development.

Also kicking goals off the field:

Tom:
As a co-founder of AFL Players for Climate Action I have been a part of developing a framework to achieve this goal.
- Education: establishing a strong foundation of climate change understanding among AFL players and in the AFL industry
- Action: drive and support positive climate actions by AFL players, AFL teams and AFL industry
- Advocacy: support AFL players to speak confidently about climate action to connect with AFL fans and the community

Was pretty impressive on field at training today.
Out marking ben mckay and moving up/down the ground with intent.
No idea why he's only played 50 games but glad North grabbed him up when they did.

Keep hearing good things about this man behind the scenes. Must keep around the club post career. VFL and development.

Tom:
As a co-founder of AFL Players for Climate Action I have been a part of developing a framework to achieve this goal.
- Education: establishing a strong foundation of climate change understanding among AFL players and in the AFL industry
- Action: drive and support positive climate actions by AFL players, AFL teams and AFL industry
- Advocacy: support AFL players to speak confidently about climate action to connect with AFL fans and the community
First thing I've heard about that, good for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom:
He’s a lovely fella. And the young guys love him. Can see a new 3 year deal making its way to Tommy C’s desk.

Tom:

Oh no, another one. Now I know why they really all love him down there.

Delist.

He’s a lovely fella. And the young guys love him. Can see a new 3 year deal making its way to Tommy C’s desk.

He's 30 this November.

A year on year I would think if he keeps it up and Comben doesn't rise from the ashesin the back half.

The msd guy coming through two.

Next year a lock but beyond that is a stretch at his age.

Has played above what everyone expected.
Really got to look to the future.

Can’t have Goldy and Tom both finishing at the same time.
If we take Edwards and another ruckman in either msd or Nov draft - I’d let Tom go.
We’d have Goldy ,Xerri ,comben, Edwards ,other ruck

Has played above what everyone expected.
Really got to look to the future.

Can’t have Goldy and Tom both finishing at the same time.
If we take Edwards and another ruckman in either msd or Nov draft - I’d let Tom go.
We’d have Goldy ,Xerri ,comben, Edwards ,other ruck

The 'other ruck' is Tom, we arent taking two rucks

Edwards is 2 years away minimum from what i'm reading.

Then we are back to where we are now. We need Tom one more year minimum imho - he play in the 2's so Xerri can play but hes the best and cheapest insurance we can ask for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back