Past #42: Tom Lynch - officially retires from the AFL as a player

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Tom Lynch the medical sub for the Crows who when a player went down, was just cruising on the bench in his tracksuit as he was told he wouldn't have to play?

Still makes me laugh whoever that was, truly bizarre scenes at any level of footy let alone AFL, watching a "sub" have to then bolt to the bench to get changed and actually do warm ups!

Now after watching players for almost half a season North now can feel more assusred in picking the right 2 players they need....Marty Hore seems to be playing very good football in the VFL side maybe give him the 2nd spot if he is still available..
I agree Hore has been a rock down back in the VFL, but I think we need a genuine KPD rather than a medium defender

No need to be nasty - I am aware of that "loophole", however it was a simple question as I don't believe we were ever in a position whatsoever to give up a list spot regardless of any soft cap concerns.

We needed every spot possible to try and get better which we now do, which is fine and good on Lynch for moving aside to allow it to happen.

Well as you have surmised, it was clearly a plan all along to use the cap space on a development coach and made possible because we didn't see any talent available at the last draft that helped us try to get better.

This is another one of those issues where everyone screams that we need better development resources, the club acted on that and this is what it looks like. A choice between helping the talent we already have to reach their full potential or choosing a long shot who most likely won't ever play a game. We now have the opportunity to pick someone with 6 months extra intel. Seems like a decent line of logic to me.

Was Tom Lynch the medical sub for the Crows who when a player went down, was just cruising on the bench in his tracksuit as he was told he wouldn't have to play?

Still makes me laugh whoever that was, truly bizarre scenes at any level of footy let alone AFL, watching a "sub" have to then bolt to the bench to get changed and actually do warm ups!
And I think he himself was injured, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(stole this from elsewhere but whatever its funny)

View attachment 1413071

jesus GIF

Breaking footage of Tom Lynch exiting Arden Street.

Club used a rule loophole to get him in as an trainer/assistant coach whatever his position is and to fill a spot on a list, and by retiring mid-season nets us another pick at the MSD.

Shrewd move by Rawlings and co, and cheers Tom for playing along. He was never gonna play anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back