Past Zach Tuohy

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have been a one Club player - collateral damage for past recruiting errors.

All the best Zac - you have contributed much more to the CLub than some of the fancy pants hairdoes have or ever will.

I can't believe how negative some Carlton supporters are and how some of them fail to see the bigger picture. We at best were going to get a second round pick for 2e but we managed to get a future first round pick and Smedts and only have to give up a future second rounder. Carlton will use this pick to get Marchbank and possibly Pickett. Therefore we keep 5 and potentially 13 after Gibbs is traded. All of a sudden we have two picks in the first round as well as Marchbank and Pickett. Blues are in a much better position.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we bid for Pickett separately as is being suggested this morning, it does concern me that we gave up 2E and our future 2nd for ONLY Smedts and Marchbank. Not enough in my view and SOS better get more for the Future 1st he is giving to GWS !!!

Should have been a one Club player - collateral damage for past recruiting errors.

All the best Zac - you have contributed much more to the CLub than some of the fancy pants hairdoes have or ever will.
i don't get that......he decided to leave, we didn't push him out. And which players are you pointing at when you talk about "hairdoes"

The only good game smedts ever had was against us where he tagged murphy and kicked 3 goals on him. Maybe that's why we took him so he can never tag Murphy again.
wasnt smedts. that was the guy who got traded to richmond last year, taylor hunt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor minds and desp[erados use analogy and metap[hor toi bolster up weak thinking....

Yeah right, are you thinking of Plato and his shadows in the cave? A grossly over-rated philosopher.
(Or is your "get-out" clause that no one could accuse Plato of "weak thinking" hence his "strong thinking" is well supported by his use of analogy and metaphor? If yes, perhaps you could explain the basis for your assumption that my post was evidence of "weak thinking". Otherwise, you know, your post isn't exactly exemplary of "strong thinking" - if it is evidence of thinking at all.)

We have lost Gibbs and we have the currency and a tiny chance to replace him with someone many times better - otherwise dont expect a draftee to step in and provide meaningful support for Cripps who has had to play a lone hand far too often in the clinches old chap.

I agree Fyfe is a significantly better footballer than Gibbs. Not Judd. How did recruiting Juddy go in providing meaningful support for a young Murph and Gibbs leading on to a successful period in the upper echelons of the ladder?

Cripps without Gibbs will not be a lone hand. He will have Murphy, Curnow, possibly C Curnow, Kerridge, as just some of his helpers. Sure, the midfield would go better with Fyfe but by the time we are ready to compete for a flag (with a mature SOJ, McKay, Weitering and others) Fyfe is at risk of being an overpaid anchor who will have cost us 2 quality developed draft picks.

What am I going to do with my number 42 jumper now? Hold onto it and hope that someone decent gets to wear it or give it to charity? Might hold onto it and reminisce about zachs first bounce or long goals from outside 50. I still remember Callan Beasy taking a screamer in the seconds on the wing at princes Park in it.

You could always peel the 2 off and just go with th

Never mind.

G'day guys,

Just wanted to ask about Tuohy, can anyone be bothered giving me some pros and cons for him as a player?
I've always rated him but I'd like the opinion of people that watch him week in, week out.

Also, congrats on getting Marchbank & Pickett. I liked both of them in their draft year.
Could be quality gets for you guys.
Cheers
:thumbsu:

G'day guys,

Just wanted to ask about Tuohy, can anyone be bothered giving me some pros and cons for him as a player?
I've always rated him but I'd like the opinion of people that watch him week in, week out.

Also, congrats on getting Marchbank & Pickett. I liked both of them in their draft year.
Could be quality gets for you guys.
Cheers
:thumbsu:

Touhy is generally underrated by many outside the club. He is very strong in he core, makes great decisions, has a lethal right foot, especially drifting forward and pinging at goal. At Carlton, he suffered from a lack of quality around him at times, which hampered his attacking nature. If his is given a licence to run and carry off HB, he will be very damaging.

Downside, at times he seemed disinterested, perhaps that was more through frustration, as he would from time to time be tagged by a negating forward. Don't think that would be the case, woith teh quality of players you have a Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back