Remove this Banner Ad

bringbackschwarter5 said:
Where's Van Berlo's sticky mate, you would love to have 426 after Van Berlo put Biglands out for a year
Well, we'll find out coz I guess every club will have the chance to pick him up if they want him.

Why not have Matthew Newton as the new cult hero? He like 426 has (in the case of 426 had) been on the list for a while and obviously has some potential (he has kicked 12 in the Sandy reserves) it his year to stand up and press for senior selection.....

Yeah I agree d_m. Carroll fits the cult hero description pretty well, only problem is that he can play. Looks like we might finally (hopefully) have a cult hero that lasts more than two or so seasons.

Marns said:
Yeah I agree d_m. Carroll fits the cult hero description pretty well, only problem is that he can play. Looks like we might finally (hopefully) have a cult hero that lasts more than two or so seasons.

I beg of you, don't jinx the career of the best FB we've had in years, by making him our new cult hero.
Dear god please! :eek: :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see that Bode was retained. I thought he was meant to be a great athelete but dud football player? (never seen him play unfortunately)

Carroll is building a bit of a cult following but yeah he is actually a good player which goes against the grain.

Maybe we'll get a ready made cult hero in this years draft.

I remember seeing him walking around Junction oval trying to sell memberships during the Troy Broadbridge cricket match vs Collingwood (great day). I don't think anyone really believed that he was a Melbourne player.

I remember seeing him walking around Junction oval trying to sell memberships during the Troy Broadbridge cricket match vs Collingwood (great day). I don't think anyone really believed that he was a Melbourne player.
What a cult hero he would have been though, oh the possibilities with Van Shrek.

I was there that day. In fact, I was sitting right behind Van Sheik and a few other Melbourne players + Dean Jones.
That was a pretty good day. Simon Godfrey getting a hat trick with that unco bowling style was hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back