Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m so bloody excited by this pick up.
You can drive I'll be the conductor....

upload_2018-10-16_13-57-48.png

Aaron Hall may have biggest upside of any player in this year’s trade period, says Jay Clark
JAY CLARK, Herald Sun
October 16, 2018 1:30pm
Subscriber only

AARON Hall is the perfect project for Brad Scott.

At his best, the Gold Coast midfielder is a run-and-carry machine and a damaging goal kicker in the front half.

In 2016-17, he was ranked second behind only Geelong’s Patrick Dangerfield for effective metres gained of any non-defender.

We know footy is a territory game these days, so blokes who can swoop on ground balls around the contest and slip away from the opposition like that are gold.

And along with Tom Lynch, this pacy ball-winner may have the most upside of any of the players traded over the next few weeks.

Especially when he only cost North Melbourne pick No.68. That is value.

There wasn’t a lot of love for him up at Gold Coast this year and when he was dropped to the NEAFL, from a struggling side, his cards were marked.

For North, Hall is a great get. He is still only 27, has some tricks, and wants to finally start playing in a winning side.

And when you package him with Port speedster Jared Polec and Jasper Pittard, North is clearly going to have a lot more sizzle in its midfield sausage for next season.

More run, more electricity, more polish.

And while Hall isn’t a well-rounded midfielder right now, he certainly can be.

That’s where Scott has to help improve Hall’s defensive game and turn him into more of a two-way runner.

Clearly, that’s part of the reason why he has fallen out of favour in some respects at Gold Coast this season.

And it probably gets highlighted more when you are in a team that is chasing its tail as much as the Suns have.

But let’s not forget he has twice finished top-five in Gold Coast’s best-and-fairest.

He played six games this season, but tore his pec against Geelong, ending his season in Round 11.

In his second-last match he had 29 possessions, five tackles and three clearances against Port Adelaide.

The Herald Sun revealed earlier this month he had nominated North Melbourne as his preferred new home, where he wants to again become an elite ball-winner.

Perhaps, just with some more balance to his game.

It’s a low-cost punt worth taking.

View attachment 574744
Idiots: "Hurr durr Hall was bad this season, his numbers fell away sharply and he didn't contribute to scoring as much"

*points at time spent in defense compared to past seasons where he excelled.*

So pick 69 is worth 49 points but pick 67 is worth 69 points? Wow - you can subtract two from your 69 and still have a 69. Its a Sham 69!!!

No doubt if they played metal they'd be Zondor's favorite band.
Better than finding an extra digit and realising your stuck in a Bangkok 69, on the bottom, with no exit plan.... So a friend tells me anyway

LeFtBehinD

Club Legend
May 28, 2007
Melb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is interesting. I would have thought he’d be playing outside for us with his pace and long kicking.

This must push Higgins outside instead?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is interesting. I would have thought he’d be playing outside for us with his pace and long kicking.

Its good.

We don't have much explosive pace at the contest so this helps.

Its good.

Yep. I'm a big fan of this. Pace in the contest with a mature body, nice skills and can play outside. We had Wells and squat for years that could do this. We need more of them.

It's happening.... My quest to see our mids/non KPF's all have capacity/talent to run through the middle, giving us an increaded number of combinations and flexibility to get blokes off the chain or put the clamps on could become reality!

Its good.

Exactly what we've been missing on the inside.

And if worst comes to worst, we just push him to a more outside role.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
To the @nmfcofficial I am ecstatic to be joining a club with such strong tradition. I’m looking forward to embracing the shinboner spirit and giving my all to get the football club back to where it belongs.
The best is yet to come.

I love this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back