Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

I think of him as the anti-Turner. Can get it and give it a decent roost, not so keen on chasing and tackling. That he got dropped from the Suns during the season and was traded away for a bag of twisties doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence.

I think of him as the anti-Turner. Can get it and give it a decent roost, not so keen on chasing and tackling. That he got dropped from the Suns during the season and was traded away for a bag of twisties doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence.

When he was playing good footy he was averaging nearly 4 tackles a game, that’s as good as just about anyone on our side. He is the sort of player who plays well with good players around him, his best footy was when he was playing along side Ablett. He is Probably not the sort of player who you’d build a midfield around which his why the suns gave him away for peanuts.

Hall is theicing rather than the cake. Luckily though we already have the Cake with the likes of Cunners, Higgins, Dumont & Anderson.

He won’t be getting tagged here with the likes of Polec and Higgins on the outside.

Im backing him in to not only find his previous form but to beat it again in north colours. This is a huge call but U believe is potential ceiling and impact is just as high as Higgins when he came to the club.

When he was playing good footy he was averaging nearly 4 tackles a game, that’s as good as just about anyone on our side. He is the sort of player who plays well with good players around him, his best footy was when he was playing along side Ablett. He is Probably not the sort of player who you’d build a midfield around which his why the suns gave him away for peanuts.

Hall is theicing rather than the cake. Luckily though we already have the Cake with the likes of Cunners, Higgins, Dumont & Anderson.

He won’t be getting tagged here with the likes of Polec and Higgins on the outside.

Im backing him in to not only find his previous form but to beat it again in north colours. This is a huge call but U believe is potential ceiling and impact is just as high as Higgins when he came to the club.
Haha I love that the "Higgo benchmark" is slowly on its way to becoming folk lore at NMFC for the standard that any incoming player is held against. I hope it persists long after he's retiired as well.

I honestly don't think there will be too many players that have played post-2010ish that will be remembered as fondly as Higgo (obviously Boomer, Drewie, Spud etc), not only for just how ******* good he's been, but also the way that he seems to have embraced the club himself. Genuine Shinboner.

Haha I love that the "Higgo benchmark" is slowly on its way to becoming folk lore at NMFC for the standard that any incoming player is held against. I hope it persists long after he's retiired as well.

I honestly don't think there will be too many players that have played post-2010ish that will be remembered as fondly as Higgo (obviously Boomer, Drewie, Spud etc), not only for just how ******* good he's been, but also the way that he seems to have embraced the club himself. Genuine Shinboner.

When we were looking at picking him up I was dead against it, he’d had 3 years of poor form on the back of 2 serious injuries. McCartney had destroyed his confidence so badly that he was hiding him in the back pocket! I knew his best was solid but it had been a long time and a lot of injuries since he had show that sort of output.

He would have to be one of the best pick ups in the club history. Up there with Shannon Grant as a recruit, and yet cost us absolutely nothing.

His output since joining north been nothing short of amazing!

Without injuries I'd have rated Waite as just as good a pick up as Higgins and Jacobs probably isn't far off the mark either. For similar reasons as Waite, not form related. That suggests they know exactly what they need to bring in when they get established players.

Makes you think he will do ok.

The one thing we've missed since Boomer went is someone who can run out of the midfield and bomb goals from around 50. Its happened a couple of times, sure, but it needs to happen a couple of times a game. With the JPs and Hall suddenly that's a lot more likely. Not only can they do it, players like Higgo and even J/LMac who are both more than capable of it are also more likely to get free and kick a few long running goals more frequently.

I can really see a place for Hall's pace and class with his boot around the packs in the middle.

When we were looking at picking him up I was dead against it, he’d had 3 years of poor form on the back of 2 serious injuries. McCartney had destroyed his confidence so badly that he was hiding him in the back pocket! I knew his best was solid but it had been a long time and a lot of injuries since he had show that sort of output.

He would have to be one of the best pick ups in the club history. Up there with Shannon Grant as a recruit, and yet cost us absolutely nothing.

Can't help but notice the similarity with the pre-North journeys of Hall, Tyson and Pittard, which gives me hope that a couple these guys (Hall in particular) can 'do a Higgo'.

Aaron Hall has always been one of my favourite players, so I'm wrapped to have him on the team. I hope he plays more inside midfield than he does wing or forward, I think we just need to add a different string to our bow in the midfield, which is definitely his ability to accumulate the ball and burst away from stoppage speed.

Crocker on Hall:

Aaron Hall | Midfielder | 27-years-old | 103 games

“What we’ve been able to identify is the need for some run and some penetration, and Aaron Hall at his best can really add to that break away from congestion in the contest.

“He’s got good power, good penetration and he’s a goalkicker when he’s up and running as well.

“A bit in the same vein as a Shaun Higgins, if we can get him playing consistently at his best, he can provide some real run and penetration for us.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

remember when it was basically greenwood out and higgins in......and i was FURIOUS.

Oh how brilliantly that worked out, ever since then i've backed the club in with their decisions, they see things we clearly do not.

Looking forward to being able to again shout AAZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

serveimage

That was the perfect mark. To this day it is criminally underrated.

I had the privilege of seeing both of Azza's really big speccies (Launceston & the final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back