Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaks well.
Nice to see we’ve found a replacement for Andrew Swallow’s Uuhhmm-fest interviews.
I normally pick up on this stuff big time and hate it. Funnily enough not this time, so I went back and OMG, it's bad. Every second word - perhaps that's why I didn't notice - is an um or ah. Spitta's were more occasional, long and drawn out and perhaps more noticeable.

Still, thanks mlb, now I can't unhear this.

Nice to see we’ve found a replacement for Andrew Swallow’s Uuhhmm-fest interviews.
I swear his umms were in a different key to his regular speech as well. It was kind of weird!
The big difference is that he’s actually saying something, so you listen more intently when words are coming out. Nowhere near the regular cliche level.

I normally pick up on this stuff big time and hate it. Funnily enough not this time, so I went back and OMG, it's bad. Every second word - perhaps that's why I didn't notice - is an um or ah. Spitta's were more occasional, long and drawn out and perhaps more noticeable.

giantroo can you please post a version where the Ummms are edited out. Thanks.

Aside from that he does actually speak really well.

I often catch myself doing it when I’m in an intimidating situation, like presenting a board report to the owners or something. Then I can’t stand myself doing it.

I swear his umms were in a different key to his regular speech as well. It was kind of weird!
The big difference is that he’s actually saying something, so you listen more intently when words are coming out. Nowhere near the regular cliche level.
I can see it now #43: Aaron Hall - In the Key of Umm.

Agreed re lack of clichés, that's what I was referring to. Almost by definition, refreshing.

I feel good about the potential Hall can bring as well.

I was slightly surprised to hear him say ‘inside’ mid being his prime role with Cunnington, Jacobs, Anderson, Ahern, Tyson all running through there st a minimum.

It’ll be interesting to see the impact on other people’s roles and/or structures.

Maybe we will just be an absolute ball getting/ run and gun machine with all of them running through.

I can’t get my head around it all but I’m liking it!

Over the past 15 years, we have had a dearth of midfieldiers who can both win contested ball and break away from a stoppage. Wells, and to a lesser extent Higgo, being the notable exceptions. So we tend to think of the Cunnington/Ziebell/ Swallow style bull as the prototypical inside mid.

We are approaching an exciting period where we’ll have some breakaway speed, agility and scoreboard impact from Hall, LDU, Ahern and Higgins, which will elevate the potency of our midfield to an entirely new level.

Agreed haha

With Swallow though, he was the captain and as the leader of the group we wanted him to lead with conviction and purpose.
The hopefullys, try tos, umms and ahs drove me insane.
He never made a statement to the media and who knows, if we aimed high and set ourselves up for expectations then we may have reached it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we will just be an absolute ball getting/ run and gun machine with all of them running through.

Inside/Outside only is dead, with the rare exceptions like Cunners inside or some quick seagull on the outside.

Everyone in the mid rotations should be aiming to be an inside/outside mid and go when it's their turn.

Club is seriously impressed with how this bloke has taken to his new home.

Was back in full training before Christmas and with run and carry being a real feature. Over the Chrissy & New year shut down he was supposedly been doing 2 a day running sessions at the club with EVW, McKay, Williams, Anderson, Simpkin & Zurhaar.

Like what I’m hearing.

Was back in full training before Christmas and with run and carry being a real feature. Over the Chrissy & New year shut down he was supposedly been doing 2 a day running sessions at the club with EVW, McKay, Williams, Anderson, Simpkin & Zurhaar.

Like what I’m hearing.

Hurry up 2019!

Like what I’m hearing.

Great news. I've been waiting for an update on Hall. I reckon he is one of the guys that can be the difference between a good year and a great one for the team if he gets back closer to his best and in a true inside explosive role.

Like what I’m hearing.
Great news. I've been waiting for an update on Hall. I reckon he is one of the guys that can be the difference between a good year and a great one for the team if he gets back closer to his best and in a true inside explosive role.

This is the guy I'm really excited about of the new recruits. The others we pretty much know what we're going to get - but if the club can get his body right and he really does improve on his deficiencies, he could be in 'recruit of the year' conversations.

On the surface there's a lot going for Aaron Hall.

-naturally talented
-athletically gifted
-presents as intelligent and analytical
-seems of good character and a likeable type of teammate

He has all the elements to be a very good player so it'll be interesting to see if he brings it together at Arden Street.

On the surface there's a lot going for Aaron Hall.

-naturally talented
-athletically gifted
-presents as intelligent and analytical
-seems of good character and a likeable type of teammate

He has all the elements to be a very good player so it'll be interesting to see if he brings it together at Arden Street.

It would be awesome in so many ways if North get the best out of him. He’ll make the team better for sure but the PR will be juicy. I think so far (looking through my blue & white glasses) all the players North have recruited have played better after joining.

It would be awesome in so many ways if North get the best out of him. He’ll make the team better for sure but the PR will be juicy. I think so far (looking through my blue & white glasses) all the players North have recruited have played better after joining.
"Ray Farren" disagrees. In all seriousness with the positive outlook on Hall coupled with my optimism of the other recruits exceeding their previous performance. In order of confidence- Hall, Tyson, Pittard, Polec (I think he will stay as good as last year).

Surely if they improve it will be a significant benefit to recruiting. Free agents should then be enticed by the proven track record of the club getting the best out of its players.

This guy could be anything. He’s a big sufferer of White Lime Fever.
Now at his 2nd club, It reminds me of when I finished reading the Bible for the 2nd time - it just made a lot more sense. Hopefully the same applies to Aaron Hall (AKA the Kingdom)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back