Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Good experience. We need old heads back there with such a young back line.

He always looks to take it on or take those risky kicks. Sure they’re way more riskier (corridor kicks) and don’t pay off but when it does, we attack so well. I’m sure Clarko has a good plan for him.

Almost all of our best moments of transition from defense to attack over the past two years have involved Hall. He takes on the high degree of difficulty and high reward kicks. He misses a few and some dwell on that but when they come off the result is fantastic.

Almost all of our best moments of transition from defense to attack over the past two years have involved Hall. He takes on the high degree of difficulty and high reward kicks. He misses a few and some dwell on that but when they come off the result is fantastic.
Honestly, some of his "misses" can be attributed to the mids as well. He kicks to where they should be running, and they stand behind their man wanting it kicked straight to them. As such, the opponent peels off for an easy intercept.

First 22 player who provides a point of difference with his run and experience.

Good signing - he and the Goat will be the hbf's next year - and most likely a further 1-2 years after this.
I think he’s only played 155 games so plenty of run left in the legs. I can see him playing 2-3 more years. Just needs to get the soft tissue injuries sorted.

Honestly, some of his "misses" can be attributed to the mids as well. He kicks to where they should be running, and they stand behind their man wanting it kicked straight to them. As such, the opponent peels off for an easy intercept.

Agree. If we work harder as a team those kicks will be great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was one game in particular late this year where the play was for Hall to burst out and kick it to the corner of the square. We tried it three times but the mids couldn’t win their one on ones. Everyone blamed Hall. Not saying he hasn’t had some poopers but that day in particular was unfair.

100% this. Imagine looking up and see either blokes backs or them stationary with 3 opposition players about to bear down on them.

This :clapping:

If a play is going to be brave enough to take the hard kicks when not many will, we shouldn't jump on their back for them missing a few.
If he went at 30% by foot then you say - sorry mate just play it safe.

He may slowly be moved out of the side at the end of 2023 as the youngsters continue to emerge, but for now very happy he's sticking around.

Close with TT too, so hopefully that helps :p

Bingo

Woo! And hoo!

Completely awesome news. Onya, Hally.

Absolutely rapt for the bloke and stoked that he'll be going around for us again next year.

To the hovercraft!

bYFYIyM.gif

Get it up ya's Hall Haters!

A little thing I like to call 'icing'.

Meanwhile, evidence of Clarko's peerless footy acumen continues to mount.

Woo! And hoo!

Completely awesome news. Onya, Hally.

Absolutely rapt for the bloke and stoked that he'll be going around for us again next year.

To the hovercraft!

bYFYIyM.gif

A little thing I like to call 'icing'.

Meanwhile, evidence of Clarko's peerless footy acumen continues to mount.

Hovercraft driver "nah that was all me I never lost control there"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back