Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel heartbroken for Azza. We must rebuild him, and bring him back for next year. Realign! (Everything for the poor guy, not just his leg) We need him in the side, as he's a thing of beauty to watch when he's on. And seems like such a decent guy too, and was so excited about his future with us. Hate it when stuff like this happens to our players, but I know we historically back them through tough times, so I'm hoping the same faith will be kept in him. He could be very, very good for us. Needs a chance. Heal well, Azza.

Feel heartbroken for Azza. We must rebuild him, and bring him back for next year. Realign! (Everything for the poor guy, not just his leg) We need him in the side, as he's a thing of beauty to watch when he's on. And seems like such a decent guy too, and was so excited about his future with us. Hate it when stuff like this happens to our players, but I know we historically back them through tough times, so I'm hoping the same faith will be kept in him. He could be very, very good for us. Needs a chance. Heal well, Azza.
Who’s responsiblity is it to “fix” his mental health? He’s come from GC with MH concerns, so is GC or the AFL providing the support? Or is it up to us to brunt full responsibility? Happy for NMFC to do so but that speaks volumes about the the AFL.. and if Hall comes back from injury and doesnt get back in the ones consistently in 2020 he will either be rookied or delisted.... sooo, if he needs ongoing support, it’ll be all on us!

Who’s responsiblity is it to “fix” his mental health? He’s come from GC with MH concerns, so is GC or the AFL providing the support? Or is it up to us to brunt full responsibility? Happy for NMFC to do so but that speaks volumes about the the AFL.. and if Hall comes back from injury and doesnt get back in the ones consistently in 2020 he will either be rookied or delisted.... sooo, if he needs ongoing support, it’ll be all on us yeh?

Apparently the NMFC is the Brotherhood of St Laurence these days.:rolleyes:

We're in the business of winning premierships, not accumulating community awards.

Damn bad luck Aaron, you just couldn't catch a break this year. Get the operation done, hit the pre-season hard, and return fighting fit for the start of 2020.

Who’s responsiblity is it to “fix” his mental health? He’s come from GC with MH concerns, so is GC or the AFL providing the support? Or is it up to us to brunt full responsibility? Happy for NMFC to do so but that speaks volumes about the the AFL.. and if Hall comes back from injury and doesnt get back in the ones consistently in 2020 he will either be rookied or delisted.... sooo, if he needs ongoing support, it’ll be all on us!

Not sure you rookie guys that are 30 plus. Was he only on a two-year deal?

Very bad luck to cop an injury like this. I have watched bits and pieces of the last two games and he looked to be playing sore. Even so, his class stood out. If he can get a solid run at it he definitely adds to our team.

Not sure you rookie guys that are 30 plus. Was he only on a two-year deal?

Very bad luck to cop an injury like this. I have watched bits and pieces of the last two games and he looked to be playing sore. Even so, his class stood out. If he can get a solid run at it he definitely adds to our team.

3 years according to FG's ist.

He needs to get cracking next year.

3 years according to FG's ist.

He needs to get cracking next year.

At the moment you would say he is not getting another contract but he definitely has the talent to turn that around. He was starting to put together a solid block of games in the VFL. Hate to see any of our guys not get a decent crack at things through injury.

At the moment you would say he is not getting another contract but he definitely has the talent to turn that around. He was starting to put together a solid block of games in the VFL. Hate to see any of our guys not get a decent crack at things through injury.

Of course not. He'll be 31 when the current contract expires.

I agree he has the talent, but it would require no more bad luck intervening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you have someone in your "crew" then you are responsible for their mental health, their physical health and their well being while your crew is working for you. Doesn't matter what your crew is, what youse do or whatever else. We agreed to have Hall for 3 years. We owe him that.

We brought Hall in on a contract in good faith and he has two seasons after this one. He also has line breaking pace and the ability to kick goals from 50m+ on the run. After seeing how Polec has played recently/under Shaw there is a huge potential for Hall if he can get it together. Its not just Brotherhood of St Lawrence bullshit. If you look after your people then they will reward you with performance. The ones who don't you can let go. I know you think he is soft but I have so seen many player written off during my time here and most of the time the people who write them off end up with egg on their faces.

Have a look thru Jed Anderson's thread and note the number of people who wrote him off as soft as useless. The same thing has happened with Jy, Taz and heaps of others too.

Apparently the NMFC is the Brotherhood of St Laurence these days.:rolleyes:

We're in the business of winning premierships, not accumulating community awards.

Damn bad luck Aaron, you just couldn't catch a break this year. Get the operation done, hit the pre-season hard, and return fighting fit for the start of 2020.

If you don't look after your people's mental health they won't perform at their best for you. Its not charity. Its no different to maintaining tools or machinery. If stuff doesn't work properly you can't use it properly and that goes for people too.

If you don't look after your people's mental health they won't perform at their best for you. Its not charity. Its no different to maintaining tools or machinery. If stuff doesn't work properly you can't use it properly and that goes for people too.
Buyer beware! No Tyre Kickers! Lol the wellbeing for players should fall on the AFL, they are essentially profiting from the players and if players are walking out of GC an AFL franchise with deteriorating MH condition then they should be providing, if not all, majority of the support to get this person right.. so you believe we should (post career) provide him on going support?

If you have someone in your "crew" then you are responsible for their mental health, their physical health and their well being while your crew is working for you. Doesn't matter what your crew is, what youse do or whatever else. We agreed to have Hall for 3 years. We owe him that.

We brought Hall in on a contract in good faith and he has two seasons after this one. He also has line breaking pace and the ability to kick goals from 50m+ on the run. After seeing how Polec has played recently/under Shaw there is a huge potential for Hall if he can get it together. Its not just Brotherhood of St Lawrence ********. If you look after your people then they will reward you with performance. The ones who don't you can let go. I know you think he is soft but I have so seen many player written off during my time here and most of the time the people who write them off end up with egg on their faces.

Have a look thru Jed Anderson's thread and note the number of people who wrote him off as soft as useless. The same thing has happened with Jy, Taz and heaps of others too.
Aaron Hall is on the back end of his career, my criticism comes from my observation and what Ive seen from Aaron this year does NOT compare to his stellar year in 2016, its no where near it! He has one last opportunity to work hard and get back to some form, perhaps a new coach can get him back to his best but he’s a lap down from where he is at now! If his mental health isnt in the spot it needs to be then he will never get back to his best because it will be a tough long hard road back! Happy to be proven wrong but Majak is the only one that has thus far!

Aaron Hall is on the back end of his career, my criticism comes from my observation and what Ive seen from Aaron this year does NOT compare to his stellar year in 2016, its no where near it! He has one last opportunity to work hard and get back to some form, perhaps a new coach can get him back to his best but he’s a lap down from where he is at now! If his mental health isnt in the spot it needs to be then he will never get back to his best because it will be a tough long hard road back! Happy to be proven wrong but Majak is the only one that has thus far!

Be careful of falling in to WBC territory by pulling the trigger too early here DY.

Aaron was off the boil with his decision making when he played AFL, but he wasn't alone in that category at the time by a long way. He was playing good VFL footy and on the verge of promotion when this occurred. He's contracted and still one of us, so give him a go and back him in until he gets a solid run at it.

For sure but clean break better than a knee reco. Just can't see any definitive statement and both options touted in the media.

Club are probably waiting for a proper medical analysis. Same goes for Higgo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back