Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Play for North......

........equals can't be called out for squibbing.

Amazing. Admittedly i'm just happy we're on top of ladder and cruising.

Hang on.......

Way to miss the point. For clarity, they're not squibs. No matter who they play for.

I don't agree with many of your opions DY, but this Polec is a tough, courageous player opinion is pretty strange I agree.

This is about as disingenuous as you can get. First, no-one here used those words so you've gone the straw man route. Second, not every player is a meat-axe, but you can't question the courage of those who go in and take body contact.

It's actually pretty squibby to make the allegation on an anonymous forum.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Way to miss the point. For clarity, they're not squibs. No matter who they play for.

This is about as disingenuous as you can get. First, no-one here used those words so you've gone the straw man route. Second, not every player is a meat-axe, but you can't question the courage of those who go in and take body contact.

It's actually pretty squibby to make the allegation on an anonymous forum.
Too many hang outs are a liability and unfortunately for Hall, there are better hangouts than him in the side! Aaron Hall had a bloody nose last time he played in the senior Jumper... must have been picking it too much

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know not to bother arguing with you LuvtheKangas.

Hall squibbed it, Polec squibbed it, MacMillan squibbed it etc.

That doesn't mean they don't have qualities we need as players.

But you're right, always are and fine.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Read some earlier posts: If the bloke is struggling mentally and is having a negative impact on his performance plus his state of mind, then he needs to step away and go and sort it out! No need to be putting himself through misery, he needs the support from the club to get hi back over the line. Football is secondary if this is the case

What is your opinion on Hall?

Should he play and if so, where?

Yes, I think he should play. In the midfield rotations. They year that Ablett was injured most of the season, Hall was tearing it up as a mid. Kicked goals from centre breaks and regularly got clearances and 30 odd possessions.

Would require a re-shuffle of the team, I suppose, but there are at least three players I'd have him in before. We all know who they are. I'd bring Ahern in, too, if fit.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn't expect changes this week regarding the circumstances going into this week against the Tiges, Shaw doesn't need to alter much otherwise it makes his job alot harder.

But Hall has been very stiff not to get picked based on his most recent performance, especially in the wet.

Polec has been coached and managed poorly thus far at North.
When he’s backed in to beat his man one on one and take the game on ala winning his own ball he’s looked the goods.
This waiting on the outside as the wide receiver s**t is nonsense.
Let him hunt. Let them all hunt

Aaron Hall had a bloody nose last time he played in the senior Jumper... must have been picking it too much

Again, why would you post this kind of infantile garbage?

Picking his nose?

Dude, honestly. That's the kind of contribution you'd expect from a 5-year old.

When he’s backed in to beat his man one on one and take the game on ala winning his own ball he’s looked the goods.
This waiting on the outside as the wide receiver **** is nonsense.

Well said, taz. Same goes for Hall. Both look like they've been instructed to stay outside and if so, its for the tip. Let them play on instinct when the ball is in the vicinity. And by the by, anyone claiming Hall can't win his own ball is simply confirming that they've seen ****-all of him play prior to coming to North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well said, taz. Same goes for Hall. Both look like they've been instructed to stay outside and if so, its for the tip. Let them play on instinct when the ball is in the vicinity. And by the by, anyone claiming Hall can't win his own ball is simply confirming that they've seen ****-all of him play prior to coming to North.
17/18 were poor years at GC! I watched, I had hope just like you, he just cant cut the mustard

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Again, why would you post this kind of infantile garbage?

Picking his nose?

Dude, honestly. That's the kind of contribution you'd expect from a 5-year old.
Certainly didnt get it in the contest... im allowed to have an opinion on a player that come to the club as someone who would be breaking lines and causing mayhem for opposition, he’s been so underwhelming it’s unbearable!

This waiting on the outside as the wide receiver **** is nonsense.

Agree. As long as they don't all hunt the same ball at the same time.

Certainly didnt get it in the contest... im allowed to have an opinion on a player that come to the club as someone who would be breaking lines and causing mayhem for opposition, he’s been so underwhelming it’s unbearable!

You need to watch the games more closely then. He shouldn't have to tho - he should be running "past" Cunnington as Cunners gets it as well.

Anyway there are plenty of games where you can go watch the replay and note the time and quarter/game where Hall squibbed it if you're actually serious. Just post 3 occasions here. We can all check the replays ourselves if you are unable to provide gifs or vids. Shouldn't be that hard if he is as bad as you say. Its easy enough to talk but you probably should back up your words with some evidence.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You need to watch the games more closely then. He shouldn't have to tho - he should be running "past" Cunnington as Cunners gets it as well.

Anyway there are plenty of games where you can go watch the replay and note the time and quarter/game where Hall squibbed it if you're actually serious. Just post 3 occasions here. We can all check the replays ourselves if you are unable to provide gifs or vids. Shouldn't be that hard if he is as bad as you say. Its easy enough to talk but you probably should back up your words with some evidence.
20 clangers in 6 games not a fine example? Do I really need to search for the absolute sodas he missed? Do I really need to find his dinky one two handballs that bumps up his DE? Which is woeful anyway! Look, his best footy has gone by, 3 years ago was his last decent AFL game! perhaps you shouldnt dwell on the hope of him playin good footy again.. cant see it happening

20 clangers in 6 games not a fine example? Do I really need to search for the absolute sodas he missed? Do I really need to find his dinky one two handballs that bumps up his DE? Which is woeful anyway! Look, his best footy has gone by, 3 years ago was his last decent AFL game! perhaps you shouldnt dwell on the hope of him playin good footy again.. cant see it happening

Feel free to squib it.

No pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back