Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Fu**ing ordinary response . Instagram has a bit to answer for as well

What did you expect? It's Instagram.

Sorry if some our posters use Instagram, but I think it's incredibly stupid which means success usually in social media.

What did you expect?

Sorry if some our posters have Instagram but I think it's incredibly stupid.
The fact that there is a massive World Wide Web of individuals preying on young children and human trafficking etc etc it is absolutely ridiculous that social channels etc like this are allowed to operate as they do. You can’t drive a car without a licence. Or own a weapon. Hell you can’t even help ya kids footy team without a Working with kids permit. Why haven’t they policed it?
It’s bizarre. if it means I cant go to youjizz, I’ll cop that. It’s time the world stood up.
Even China being accused via Tik Tok etc or spying or whatever. It’s gotta be controlled.
if they wanted to do something about it they would.

Interesting story today. (well, for me anyeay)

Walking dogs on beach and guy walking towards me with North hoodie on - couldn't help but walk over say hi, so we chatted for a while.

Turns out he went to school and played junior footy with Hall.

What was interesting (it's a long time ago so probably irrelevant now) is he said an absolute gun at school level (especially in a small pond), but basically uncoachable.

Even at school level he was dragged regularly despite dominating, due to selfish play and attitude.

Apparently really good, gentle bloke off field but when on field Aaron did what Aaron does.......not saying that's the case now, but I suspect has clearly contributed to his stint at GC and now us, really needing to get rid of that mentality completely.

Anyway, just thought I'd share the chat (Sorry for length of post) as again I hear he's a top bloke and caring person, it purely footy nature that was the issue (at the time at least) that held him back.

Hope he has a great game today!!

Interesting story today. (well, for me anyeay)

Walking dogs on beach and guy walking towards me with North hoodie on - couldn't help but walk over say hi, so we chatted for a while.

Turns out he went to school and played junior footy with Hall.

What was interesting (it's a long time ago so probably irrelevant now) is he said an absolute gun at school level (especially in a small pond), but basically uncoachable.

Even at school level he was dragged regularly despite dominating, due to selfish play and attitude.

Apparently really good, gentle bloke off field but when on field Aaron did what Aaron does.......not saying that's the case now, but I suspect has clearly contributed to his stint at GC and now us, really needing to get rid of that mentality completely.

Anyway, just thought I'd share the chat (Sorry for length of post) as again I hear he's a top bloke and caring person, it purely footy nature that was the issue (at the time at least) that held him back.

Hope he has a great game today!!
Good story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We seem to be creating more kids than kicking goals as a team at the moment!

(Congrats Hall family)

The fact that there is a massive World Wide Web of individuals preying on young children and human trafficking etc etc it is absolutely ridiculous that social channels etc like this are allowed to operate as they do. You can’t drive a car without a licence. Or own a weapon. Hell you can’t even help ya kids footy team without a Working with kids permit. Why haven’t they policed it?
It’s bizarre. if it means I cant go to youjizz, I’ll cop that. It’s time the world stood up.
Even China being accused via Tik Tok etc or spying or whatever. It’s gotta be controlled.
if they wanted to do something about it they would.
You can't control it.

The very tools we would use to control the things that bother you get used against activists and dissidents with genuine causes all the time.

The only solution is to burn the Internet and it was designed to survive a nuclear war so that won't be easy.

You can't control it.

The very tools we would use to control the things that bother you get used against activists and dissidents with genuine causes all the time.

The only solution is to burn the Internet and it was designed to survive a nuclear war so that won't be easy.
Interesting Ferbs. So we couldn’t alter the current set up is what you are saying? Even if we could change things “from now on” would make a huge difference, don’t ya think?
just seems too easy to be able to create a false account. so much hate in the world I would’ve thought it was massively important.
I‘m no tech head, but it seems a massive disgrace that this can’t be altered. Especially considering all the crap Zuckerberg has copped etc, you would think they would change the regs.

You can't control it.

Most of the worlds fibre at some point goes through the USA. This isn’t by accident, everything is recorded, but it isn’t to check things in real-time. It’s to look up things after the fact. It’s why encryption is so important.

Ex NSA tech Bill Binney has a few interesting things say about some of the darker industries of the internet and why they aren’t shut down. Comes back to they could if they wanted too..

Last edited:
Most of the worlds fibre at some point goes through the USA. This isn’t by accident, everything is recorded, but it isn’t to check things in real-time. It’s to look up things after the fact.

Ex NSA tech Bill Binney has a few interesting things say about some of the darker industries of the internet and why they aren’t shut down. Comes back to they could if they wanted too..

The tech to stop people using sock puppet accounts or fake accounts like the one up thread would have to get to the point of eye scans when you log on.

But what you are talking about, sites like Silk Road and other groadier things, are often great ways to track and identify people.

The tech to stop people using sock puppet accounts or fake accounts like the one up thread would have to get to the point of eye scans when you log on.

But what you are talking about, sites like Silk Road and other groadier things, are often great ways to track and identify people.
No really out of the realms ......most people are on smart phones etc with face recognition. If they wanted to fix the problem then would. But there’s always the $ involved somewhere.

Nah, the sock puppets would be easy to stop by the isp blocking the troll farms.. but they won’t, it’s easier to shape opinion by creating echo chambers and that’s what the interwebs has become, a dark mirror into your soul.

But I can’t imagine the legislators would blow up 21st century state craft, or 77th brigade or share blue on the politics side. It would pretty much mean the end to the 5eyes influence over the world.
I can imagine the EU for instance blocking them thou.

Nah, the sock puppets would be easy to stop by the isp blocking the troll farms.. but they won’t, it’s easier to shape opinion by creating echo chambers and that’s what the interwebs has become, a dark mirror into your soul.

But I can’t imagine the legislators would blow up 21st century state craft, or 77th brigade or share blue on the politics side. It would pretty much mean the end to the 5eyes influence over the world. I can imagine the EU for instance blocking them thou.
Gezuz this post makes me feel old and out of touch DesertRoo :oops:
I like to think I’m reasonably savvy, but clearly not.

Hally does just seem to drop in & drop out of the game constantly? Will be worse when we back to full duration games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back