Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

He was ordinary. Kudos to him for turning it around but it doesn't void prior criticism.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We were very static ahead of the ball for most of the game, I'm sympathetic - there has to be something for him to work with.

We were very static ahead of the ball for most of the game, I'm sympathetic - there has to be something for him to work with.

Sorry I meant ordinary prior to his burst of form this year. Thought he was good yesterday and you're right about movement/numbers ahead of the ball.

He was ordinary. Kudos to him for turning it around but it doesn't void prior criticism.

There's nothing "stagnant" about him.

8 other blokes should be shown his footage and told that's how to play.

I’ve said it before. Half of the posters on this board don’t deserve to have anything good.

H_00 is usually pretty good, but I reckon the faults get magnified too much and the good stuff gets ignored by far too many around here.

Love him.

Geez even when we're down he still creates.

I'm actually rather shocked he has turned it around this well. Quickly becoming a dominant offensive weapon.

He’s always been hot and cold. His best is as good as anyone’s but for whatever reason he’s never been consistent. Pretty sure he played half back for GC early days and then injury caused them to move him into the midfield.

I’d be stoked if he maintains this level but I’m not getting my hopes up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also last yr of contract helps. If we do resign 1 year only, some players are better on the edge it seems .

Was there any evidence of this when he was blitzing for GC?

All I see is a bloke who has finally gotten fit and is being played properly.

Not sure at Gold Toast. It may just be a coincidence, but he isn't getting any younger so he needs to play well every game to be considered again. Ironically he is possibly at his fittest while a large amount of the list are out for 2 to 3 weeks or tbc.

Love his ability to use his speed and lateral movement to duck backwards and buy himself time to get a better kick off. Quite often receives in a less than stellar position but manages to make the best of it anyway.

It's probably the consistency back there that is most impressive for me. He's always been capable of doing great things, but just has massive hot and cold patches throughout games. Not this year though.

I’ll put my hand up.. Sorry Aaron. Thought you looked disinterested and I never wanted you in the jumper again. Boy has he hit a purple patch. Hope he can keep it up.

I hope he has a new contract extension in front of him by the bye round. He well and truly deserves one. Congrats to The Other Azza for his resurgence.

He is currently 100% rife for a Geelong raid for pick 29 at the moment, and I am mildly concerned that the football department would go for it.

The old "North is still 20 years away, so don't be heartless pricks and stand in the way of his finals dream" spiel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back